Ireland, Killarney to Kenmare

I just came across this video… its a rally but the road is fantastic! I’ve been along it a few times. What you don’t see is the spectacular views nor do you get a sense of how sharp some of the corners are. @3speedlowslowgo you remember this? And the ambulance :grin:

One of my favourite areas in Eire. I led 10 riders through last May and I will be returning in May 2023. It’s beautiful.

1 Like

Myself and Dougie stayed in Kenmare one year, got up early before breakfast and went the whole way to Killarny and back without seeing a single person. What a great morning to build up an appetite for breakfast :yum:

1 Like

It’s a fabulous road when there are no coaches in front…

The few times I’ve been on it were all early mornings. Luckily we’ve never really been held up on it. It’s a stunning place, as you know :slightly_smiling_face:

And the ride out of Killarney through the Gap of Dunloe to Black Valley, stunning!

I think I’ve yet to do that one!

1 Like

It’s narrow, twisty and during tourist season look out for pony and traps full of lardy Americans.

1 Like

Stunning road. Travelled this on my tour a few years ago. Stayed in Killarney for a couple of nights. Awesome bars and restaurants and the folk are really friendly :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

One for pootling along on the bonnie then :+1:t2:

I was on my thundered LT. Big old girl but great fun :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

That was a tour Ill never forget, thanks Andy.

1 Like

Kenmare this morning at -4C

5 Likes

Nice!!! :grinning: