Irish Road Racing

All Irish road racing has been cancelled for 2023, this is due to soaring insurance costs, public liability insurance has been quoted at £400,000, therefore no NW200, Tandragee 100, Cookstown 100, UGP amongst others. This is a huge blow for everyone involved in Irish road racing and local economies. I understand that trials and motocross events are not affected. I hope things improve for 2024, however for this year it is bleak. Ride safe all from an ageing Rocker.

That is a real shame. So many businesses and people impacted. Let’s hope they can sort it for 2024….

1 Like

That’s the problem with free racing, you can’t pass the cost on to the spectators. At least with the IOM TT I would imagine the authorities would sort something out as the racing is worth so much to the island. At least I hope so.

1 Like

1 Like

On a more positive note slick tyres are allowed at this years TT for a number of classes, who previously had to run road legal race tyres, i.e. Supercorsa’s and Racetech’s. Will the S100 and MGP follow the same route

Isle of Man TT Races© - Technical Director Dave Hagen explains…technical tweaks for tt 2023 (iomttraces.com)

2 Likes

Looks like its back on for 2023

6 Likes

Yes this is great news, I read about it in MCN on Wednesday.

NW200 is confirmed now :grinning::+1:

1 Like

Great news :clap:

1 Like

@Andyc1 have you seen this?

Oh yes… happy days :grin:

1 Like