Just non-motorbike photos

Then it shouldn’t be in this thread :grin:

Contrasting day
My son and granddaughter in Sweden -12
My daughter travelling up the Mekon river 30+

4 Likes

What, in this weather?:thinking::grinning:

Xmas Fair at Waddesdon Manor.
They light up the old house and fire lasers into the sky …! Quite impressive…!

7 Likes

Saltburn by the Sea this afternoon.

It was 3 degrees but people were still surfing.

I rode there but our estate road is ungritted and had frozen again when i got back so rode in on the pavement :grimacing:

6 Likes

But sea temperature is a toasty 12 degrees at the moment, jump in for a warm up. :laughing:
(our son is a mad keen surfer - when not riding/building his bike)

Whoops motorbike photos! :scream:

7 Likes

I’m on the turf tonight… smells great :+1:t2:

5 Likes

Yes our stove is burning nice and hot tonight. Can’t beat a pot belly stove :grinning:

2 Likes

Just fired up our wood burner after a few cheeky pints at the local :grinning:

6 Likes

I love my stove too!

6 Likes

Of course, after many people switch to burning free or cheap wood in their stoves, thorough yet independent research, commissioned by the gas companies, now tells us that stoves are in fact poisoning us and that it is in fact better to use gas for central heating. We know it costs a huge amount more, and that the prices are indeed crippling, but it’s important in these dire times, that we keep our multi billion pounds profits up…so, please, for the sake of our perilous profits, but also your health…don’t use stoves.

2 Likes

My response to these b@stards is feck off. :hot_face:

3 Likes

Agreed… Which is why I’m not putting the (central) heating on… The living room is proper toasty…even in these minus temps…and at a genuine fraction of the cost of the gas.

Is the family happy? Not really. Am I? Not really. But I’m a damn site less unhappy than using the heating.

I simply can not fathom how it has come to pass that we, with all our huge extra payments, all we are Actually paying for is the company profits?

Am I the only one that notices?

What, I wonder, would our bills be, if we paid for what we used…but not for the “profits”…? Would the bills be a tenner less…or 50% less?

Please can a greater mind than mine please try and work it out?

3 Likes

I work with wood, it would be idiotic not to use a wood burner when I get offcuts for free. If I don’t burn it, it goes into a fire at work so its getting burnt either way :+1:t2:

2 Likes

Naughty andyc1…think of all those poor children missing out on mummy and daddies profits.

And the poison!

Apologies, I’ve drunk too much and have a bee in my bonnet.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Getting away from the parents

The government don’t want us burning free wood because they don’t get any tax from it.

7 Likes

Well, it’s not like it grows on trees…

So it’s a wood burner forum now? :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes