Lucas Fuel Stabilizer

I just used this in the Suzuki GS750 fuel tank, its a carburated bike so , although I drain the carbs after each run, cos I just dont know when it will get used again, I did think it would be a good idea to be draining treated fuel rather than untreated, in case I dont get it all out.
I will pop some in the lawn mower and as winter bites I can put some in the Speed too.

My question is, does any one notice any difference in engine performance, with the stabilizer?

1 Like

I use something similar in my 2-stroke 350 and my lawnmower, chainsaw, etc. These all only ever have E5 fuel as well and I have never noticed any performance issues.

1 Like

I did use a stabaliser from Putoline some years ago (injected bike), can’t say whether it made any difference as I haven’t bothered in recent years and not had a problem.
However when E10 came in I did notice poor running straight away. Since then I’ve been using high octane to get E5, unfortunately down here in Cornwall you can’t get ethanol free even with the super fuels. :rage:

1 Like

That’s because everyone drives tractors. :wink:

1 Like

Yep, son drives his tractor in his forestry business, do you think the SpeedTrip might run better on red diesel? :thinking:

2 Likes

About as well as a tractor on E10. :grin:

1 Like

Our E5 and E10 pumps locally are still ethanol free, though out of habit I use E5 unless no choice. I never really put my bikes away for winter as there’s plenty of good riding days all year round. The best thing is to ride regularly, I’ve never had a need to use additives.

1 Like