Model wood burners

I’m making a large batch of small Model Stoves for the smoking coal fanatics out there, so you lot can buy them as gifts. They will be well built made and from steel I assure you!
They will come in any colour requested although I’m recommending either Bronze, gunmetal, anthracite, or satin maroon metallic. You can burn Tee lights in them or incenses.
For the ladies there’s plenty of nice smelling candles and for the lads probably straight CASTROL R substitute!!
They aren’t quite ready as yet as I’m just sorting out some machine cutting as I speak so I’m ‘forward promoting’ .
The price will be £65 each inc postage (UK) although the quality MATCHES the price.

5 Likes

very nice. Laser cut or made with hand powertool? Not expensive enough regarding work and skills required in my opinion !

Look the business! Would be about £200 in John Lewis!
Not that I have ever been in one of their shops :smile:

1 Like

Laser cut although there’s still quite a lot of work in them

1 Like

I’m in - my name’s on one!!

Let me know, please, if you want a deposit to secure. And, NO, I’m not in any way trying to hurry the process - I’m very happy to wait.

BTW, will the door have a glass pane?

Cheers,

Adie

1 Like

It’s open no glass. Also it will have an handle on the door. Any colour preference? I haven’t sorted exact shades or colours but you’re welcome to have something you particularly like in with the cost. I’m just waiting for the sheet metal Co to finish my batch this week some time.

Thanks for that Eric. I have a Villager woodburner in the lounge - not nearly the size of the ones you seem to have but very effective … and the cat LOVES it - so I’ll be looking to set the miniature on the hearth with a tea light inside perhaps. The point of all that pre-amble being to say that a matt black (or dark anthracite?) finish, similar to that on the Villager, is what I’d be looking for, if possible.

1 Like

@AdieP My components came today freshly laser cut so it’s full steam ahead in the Wonka factory as I’ve loads of them to do. Btw Adie, other than the initial prototype, yours is actually the first off the line chassis number T0001 (it’s the thought that counts!)

2 Likes

The Wonka factory…….

All the Umpa Lumpas are in a union meeting!!

2 Likes

Good tidings of great joy you bring!! I’m REALLY chuffed to little mint balls to be the earliest of early adopters - which reminds me … do you want a deposit - or, even, payment up front? Paying for the materials and cutting can’t be cheap and I’m more than happy to pay now, enjoy later.

PM me payment details, please, Eric.

Adie

Ayup Eric… here’s a design consideration. Wood burner top fans are all the rage, but most look like shit or are way too noisy. How about ferkerling about with that basic design and size, but having a quiet fan in the base to blow heat out of the door hole in a forward direction (or summat)

1 Like

Interesting thought!! :+1:t2:

1 Like

Fag packet sketch

3 Likes

You are Isambard Kingdom Brunel and I claim my £5😁

2 Likes

@DCS222 had a quick look at that design and think the fan needs to be away from ground level as underneath my stove (and my previous) it’s not anywhere near hot therefore the fan would lift coolish air through the system. If I was using your idea I’d down draft using hotter air from above or even behind the stove. You could probably use the self powered fan idea but on a large scale too. As for me making it it’ll be at another time :kissing_heart:

@AdieP Yours is ready for paint then it’ll get fire bricked inside then ready to post.

There’s a few siblings in the background waiting too!!

4 Likes

Those look well built!

1 Like

WOW. You are REALLY cracking on there, @Tigcraft ! You’ll have well earned your Christmas break!

Have a cracker … so to speak!

2 Likes

All in colour with a couple more colours to make up.

@AdieP just waiting for paint to cure as only got painted yesterday then it’s safe to package up. There’s still fire brick and a tea light to drop in them all but that’s basically the look.

3 Likes

Pic Should have turned out like this

2 Likes