Mods and upgrades you REGRET AND SHOULDN'T have done

I bought some up and back bar risers for the ditchpump from china as I was struggling withbdiscomfort after my carpal tunnel syndrome surgery. They looked ok out of the box but in reality were crap as when I fitted them the back set of fixings stripped their threads when I tightened them up because there was not enough thread available because of how they’d been made. Bit scary really. Ended up buying some Wunderlict ones instead for loads more wonga off Nippy Norman. Tried em, didn’t like the bar position so sold them and put the bars back to stock.

3 Likes

Not something I regret really but a huge financial boo boo was building a Harris Magnum using my GPz1100 engine. Big bore kit, gas flowed head Mikuni smooth bore carbs etc. All in probably about 7 grand, this was back in the 80’s.

Got 750 quid trade in​:flushed::confused:

2 Likes

Be worth a packet now

Thanks for that, feel much better :grinning:

Me too, black and red smoke finish,-only bike I ever made money on.

My Speed Triple has had over £2700 in extras spent on it.
£2500 of that was the previous owner. I’ve put on a seat cowl and a fender extender.
It looks great, but I would never have done all that.
I ended up with the best of both worlds. If other people, say they like it, I say thanks, if they say it looks tarty, I blame the last guy. Win win.

Suzuki GS750 got a new back end, new led lights re sculpted tail piece, over the winter, which I liked, (in the shed). When I started riding around, it soon went back to standard.

3 Likes