Mrs. V off to the track

The Mrs. expressed the feeling she wasn’t quite as confident on the bike as she’d like to be. So I suggested a mild track course. I took her there this morning (she doesn’t like motorways) and picked her up later, a lot the wiser, and far more confident. Pennies :see_no_evil: well spent! Photo’s are crap, apologies.

16 Likes

Excellent idea. She’ll be wanting to do a track day next :+1:

2 Likes

The difference in road behaviour on the way home was massive. Much more confident and decisive. Time and money well spent!

4 Likes

Brilliant! That’s a great gift/gesture! Not to mention those very useful brownie points :smile:

3 Likes

Fantastic, congratulations to Mrs V. And of course to you Wim for such a lovely gesture. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

That’s fantastic - also on my list of things I’d like to do. What a lovely thing to do for her (I can almost feel her increased confidence, the same way that the training with Rapid did for me, it’s such a boost!) and she’s got some great snaps as a memento as a bonus :+1:.

2 Likes

It was a great day for her - funnily enough the fact it was a wet day was a bonus, she learnt it’s not that much more challenging than in the dry. And like I said before, the difference in confidence and decisiveness was noticeable on the way home.

1 Like

Will set you both up well for your upcoming tour I am sure :slightly_smiling_face:.

2 Likes

Absolutely! That was actually one of the reasons to do this. She’'ll be much more at ease in the Italian twisties!

1 Like

Some more shots - rather better than my pathetic efforts… :joy:
Sjeffie4
Sjeffie3
Sjeffie2
Sjeffie1
Sjeffie5
Sjeffie6

4 Likes

In the wet too!

2 Likes

Yep, in a way that was an added bonus Andy.

3 Likes

Where was this? I quite fancy a track session at some point, but not sure I want a full fat racey experience…

This was in Lelystad, The Netherlands. A bit out of your way, perhaps… :wink:
Not a full blown race session, this was more geared towards getting more experience and confidence riding corners.

Ah sounds good, but yeah, bit a trek from Wales… Might have to just break into Donnington next time I pass and do a few laps at my own pace…

Sure I have seen some training course based at Oulton Park🤔