Nasty spill

Absolutely. Can’t wait to get back on! :smiley:

5 Likes

Do you know yet whether your newly installed dashcam captured the action?
Pleased to hear you’re raring to go. :+1: :+1:

1 Like

I am yet to retrieve the flashcard from the bike - that’ll have to wait until I’m somewhat more mobile… :smiley: I’m sure it’s on there though. Fortunately not needed, as the driver of the van assumed full responsability. In case of any problems I’ll have it anyway.
And yep, raring to go - most annoying the weather’s gorgeous here atm…

3 Likes

Ireland isn’t going anywhere, whenever you’re ready we can arrange it again. Was looking forward to your company mate, we will send photos and updates. Main thing is you’ll mend. Good to hear your back at home :+1:t2:

6 Likes

Cheers Andy. I’ll definitely be over at some point in the (hopefully) near future. I too was looking forward to meeting up with you lads again.
I’ve got all the routes, not going to waste them! :smiley:

2 Likes

Your turn will definitely come Wim. As Andy says we will post loads of stuff for you to follow our progress.

3 Likes

I’ve no other choice but to join you lads vicariously, which I’ll do happily. Looking forward to pics and reports guys!

4 Likes

Well, the insurance chap assessed the bike, and she’s definitely a write-off. Which means I’ll be getting back what I paid for it a year ago.

12 Likes

Great news Wim. Enjoy purchasing your new bike and getting back on the road soon.

3 Likes

More good news. I had booked 3 ferries for my now cancelled Irish trip, which were all non-refundable. Also the mrs. had to cancel her trip during that period due to my not being too mobile for a while. All my ferries and her hotel will be reimbursed by insurance without any hassle at all.

9 Likes

don’t throw more of it, we have less and less compassion for your crash :rofl:

6 Likes

Well, talk about coincidence - the delivery guy who t-boned me was just at my door delivering some stuff I ordered over the weekend. Upon seeing me opening the door and recognising me alive and (relatively) well he nearly broke down in tears. He kept on apologising, I actually felt sorry for him.

9 Likes

Good news all around.

1 Like

Well, if the ‘close encounter of the second kind’ was THAT emotional and meaningful (to him) maybe there’s a better than evens chance that there won’t be a third one …

Hope the recovery’s going well, Wim, and that you’re well on the road to - well - getting back on the road! :smiley: :ok_hand:

4 Likes

Cheers Adie - it will take some time, but I’ll get there! :+1:

1 Like