New Feature: More reaction emojis! (Updated)

You asked for it and you got it. You can now select from a range of reactions to posts from other members.

Creating a reaction

The reaction can be created either by clicking the ‘like’ icon or by hovering and selecting reaction from the reaction picker.

Note: If you’re using a mobile, long press on ‘like’ icon to open the reaction-panel .

Screenshot 2022-05-24 at 19.20.18

Top to bottom, left to right the emojis represent:

• Dislike/disagree
  • Funny
  • WTF?!
  • Angry
  • Agree
  • Well done
  • Thank you!
  • I love this!

I’m having a bit of a problem displaying the thumbs-up (:+1: ) on posts so for now you’ll still see a heart (:heart: ). They both represent the same thing (like).

See who reacted?

On the left side of the post, there will be a list of reactions, by clicking on it, there will be a modal displayed with the list of reactions.

If there are only likes in the post, a list of reactions will not be available but there will be a like-count besides the like button. clicking on it will display the same modal.

Don’t want to see this whole modal? Just hover on the reaction-emoji in the list to see the recently reacted users (available only on the desktop site).

See Your reactions?

In the user page activity, there is an extra Reactions tab where you will find all reactions you made.

See who reacted to your post?

In the user page notifications, there is an extra Reactions tab where you will find all reactions made to your posts.

P.S. If anyone was trying to use the forum at about 10:30am GMT you may have noticed it was down for about 10-15 minutes. I had to rebuild the app to enable the emojis plugin. I didn’t realise it would take the site down; I’ll display a warning notice ahead of time in future.

4 Likes

I’ve added another emoji to the available reactions. It’s a handshake that you can use to say you agree with a post. The instructions above have been updated with the new list.

1 Like