New Tyre Day for Tracy

No I pay similar to get tyre fitted to loose wheel. My brake pads need changing same time as tyres, and calipers need cleaning for that. So I dismantle things, drop off wheel, do brakes, and pick wheel up later.

I know it costs a non trivial amount for them to get rid of old tyre, a previous place I used use to charge a fiver less if you took away old tyre, and during lockdown current got charged more, ‘because there were no container ships moving’. (Presumably to take tyres to foreign parts to be dumped :frowning: )

I always use the visor shop (Crossans) when buying tyres. Always good service and local to me, although they usually fair cheaper that the big English shops, even for those in England.

That’s what I’m trying to say, mine was ride in, ride out service so I presume it would cost a bit more.
If I ever needed to get rid of old tyres my local municipal tip takes them for free. I understand many tips do not. But then many people quite rightly describe Oldham as one big tip anyway.

Has it changed since I worked there in 1981 Andy? Remember a good lunchtime pub called the Hark to Topper. :joy:

Bridgestone Battlax on mine for £298 fitted.
Hope they last longer than the originals!

1 Like

Think the Topper is still there but all the good pubs have long since gone and I never go into Oldham anymore. The centre is like a ghost town really and the shopping centre which is fast becoming devoid of shops is being revamped by the council to house offices, market stalls and eateries ( dirty 1 star kebab stalls probably).

1 Like

Yes Steve, you are soooo right.

Dragged meself out of me cot, lit a fire under the Chromebook, and here we are.

1 Like

Just watched the latest Fortnine vid on tyres and the Michelin Road 6’s get a good review…. Should last longer too

3 Likes