No petrol gauge and no cruise control working

Tiger xrx800 2019 - I have had petrol gauge problems before, but as it’s now been happening a few times, I need to sort it out. Chain on and now good and running, as posted before. So thank you guys for your input there. :clap:
Back to petrol gauge.
I had disconnected the battery before and then connected, that didn’t help. So filled right up and after a mile the gauge told me full. This has happened now three times. This time filled up in Lincoln 18 miles away. No difference, still showing empty. I put in 9.29ltrs at the pump, which tells you it wasn’t empty. And on the way back, I tried cruise control down a road I sometimes use it on. And this time cruise control isn’t working either.
I have read something about the clutch switch on the handlebars, which I have no idea existed until now. Apparently, people have stated that this can cause the relevant problems I am dealing with. I have had a look at the switch and found that the plunger switch is constantly out. But I am not sure how this switch is supposed to behave.
Am I on the right lines here, or is there something else I should be aware of, that would need to be looked at?

I had issues with the clutch switch on my 2005 speed triple, intermittently preventing me to start the bike. This was caused by the plunger being dirty. I took the switch to bits, cleaned the plunger with some fine wet and dry sandpaper, treated with contact spray, refitted, sorted.

There was a video on it on youtube, but I can’t find it anymore…

1 Like

Thanks, will assess if this unit is sealed or not. I can’t find out if this plunger is supposed to be in or out or how its supposed to behave, but will look to see if it can be cleaned like you say.

You can deffo take it off and clean it, It’s not sealed. Have a rummage on youtube - you might find the video I’m referring to. It’s not difficult (I managed :joy:), a bit fiddly perhaps.

1 Like

Okay. Have to take off plaster off the walls, seal it and re-plaster as a first job. My wife talks about priorities, which sadly is a veiled point in that the bike ISN’T essential. :laughing:

4 Likes

Oh no, the bike is not essential :roll_eyes:

2 Likes