Number plates on push bikes

It would be nice but I don’t see it happening.

3 Likes

They should have insurance

2 Likes

and road tax, and penalty points, and…

…Speed awareness courses.

1 Like

Target practice :laughing:

What next - will we need to wear a registration number around our necks to walk in a public place in case we bump into someone or decide to cross the road in a hazardous fashion?

I think there are enough rules in place already, thank you very much.

1 Like

Definitely for mobile phone users, I’m fed up of moving out the way for pedestrians using their mobiles not bothering to look where they’re walking. :rage:

3 Likes

Just a bit more populist claptrap with around zero chance of actually happening. Plays well in the Mail or the Express, impossible to actually implement…:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Rules for some, not others, if cyclists want all the advantages, they should have all the disadvantages too, insurance, pass a test and protective clothing.

1 Like

Bicyclists are a tough breed. I wouldn’t want to mess with them.

Clumsy…i rest my case

As has been said it is unlikely that registration for cyclists will ever happen. Nice thought though :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

I imagine the 3-18 year old insurance forms would be full of entertaining quotes…

So they want people to give up cars and ride bicycles then talk about bringing in more unenforceable hurdles? Madness I tell thee!
As a cyclist I agree there are some Richard Craniums on bikes, but there are plenty on motorcycles too, and cars, and trucks, and has been mentioned on mobile phones, but this is ludicrous. Would an eight year old riding to the playground need an MOT, insurance, licence etc. Mental!

1 Like

They’re probably the same Dickheads just using different vehicles.

1 Like

It would be nice if the current rules of the road that we must all share applied to all road users.
Being responsible for ones own safety would be a good place to start re cyclists. Instead of cyclists safety being everyone but the cyclists responsibility.

3 Likes

He’s right you know :point_up:

2 Likes

That is the way I cycle Glenn

I’m a cyclist and I don’t want any of those things, thank you.

1 Like

These aren’t serious proposals. Boris Johnson consistently pushed a pro-cycling agenda. Shapps’s latest remarks to the Daily Mail are just him distancing himself from Johnson to impress his prospective new leader and the party rank and file. He wants to keep his job.

3 Likes