Odometer - Tiger 900

Still does around here “Thomas the Pop”.

2 Likes

Being raised in the sticks, we used to get the Marsh’s pop wagon do the rounds; and a grocers; a butcher and an occasional fishmonger …

1 Like

We had Corona and Alpine selling pop door to door as well as the Coop milkman and bread. Also a van used to pull up outside the local shops and sharpen knives, shears etc while you waited.

2 Likes

I remember the “Pop” man, three wheeler milk floats, rag and bone horse and cart and the knife sharpener was on some sort of tricycle.

We still have a rag and bone man but he drives a van and the “rag bone” call is amplified on a tape loop.

1 Like

We had bread man, pop man, milk man, and a guy that walked the roads with a shovel clearing the ditches and verges. Oh how things have progressed :thinking:

1 Like

What progress gives with one hand it takes away with the other.

2 Likes

Oh yes and a coal man too! I also remember every once and a while the local doctor would call round to see if everybody was keeping well. Jesus times have changed! And I’m not even an old codger yet :rofl:

Bit ageist :point_up_2:

And my point also, tech is fine (if that’s what you want) provided it has been properly tested to work reliably, and also importantly the dealerships have been adequately trained. It seems from seeing forum posts that Triumph do not have a good track record in this area.
Fortunately my Triumphs are of the low tech variety so no problems, however all the considerable tech on my B#W works seamlessly (so far)…

2 Likes

It seems this may be the case. I had a reply from Triumph and they suggest that I get the dealer to check this first.

1 Like

I discovered yesterday how to find the odometer on the Tiger 900 main display. If you scroll to the tyre pressure (TPMS) screen and then scroll left or right you get the service screen which includes the odometer at the top right.

3 Likes

I can sleep now

With my 1200 it’s in the maintenance menu. Just stupid. I also have to go into a separate menu to see the oil temperature. Litte niggles, I know - I love the bike, but the choices made for the display are silly.

A proper speedometer, odometer and trip recorder.

3 Likes