One week or so into retirement now

Well peeps I’m there i am now an old age pensioner. Just applied for my state pension alought the palaver you have to go through just to claim what you worked for. I got some private pensions through work. But i have decided to stay at work till next year then i will claim them alought again they seem to be quite meagre. But just remember if you see me out there you have to help me across the road.
Joe

5 Likes

Good for you Joe! You don’t look a day over 21😄
You working reduced hours then?
Keep thinking young😁

2 Likes

Enjoy your retirement, Joe. I’m sure you earned it!

1 Like

If I see you on a road I expect to be spitting out the dust as you fly down it on a classic Bonnie. :grin:

1 Like

Make sure your employer stops taking National Insurance payments when you reach the retirement age.

Congratulations.

2 Likes

Congrats on making it this far :slightly_smiling_face:

State pension (and no NI deductions) should provide a nice income top up :+1:

1 Like

Congrats youngun.
Don’t forget to apply for your bus pass too. :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

2 Likes

Nice one Joe.
Once you stop work you will wonder how you ever managed to fit work in…
Enjoy it.

2 Likes

Congratulations Joe. There is no better feeling than waking up and just turning over for a well earned lie in. And when you do get up doing nothing but just chilling out. Enjoy your new found freedom to do just what you want to do, rather than somebody else dictating for you.

2 Likes

Is Joe not married, then? :laughing:

1 Like

What difference does being married make. The right woman will support what ever you want to do. :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

Did Mrs Wessa tell you to say that? :wink:

2 Likes

… And a long list of things to do that you might not be so keen on. :laughing:

2 Likes

You just put them on the 10 year plan to keep them happy.

1 Like

Dawsy.
No full shifts till next April maybe then decide if i wan to work or not. But really got enough to do here as a home owner. Just spent all day retiling various parts of our extension so can keep busy. And being honest i am over thirty now but thanks mate. You made me feel young again. I use lots of Tracy’s moisturiser. But i won’t let on. Joe

Vulpes.
Like your self i just plodded along till someone said McDonald when you going. Joe

Octoberon.
Thinking of getting a moped for my old age. Trouble these days getting my leg over. Joe

Alfie.
Yes mate got my pay statement and the NI Payment has gone. You know it is a great saving. Shame it didn’t start when i was around twenty. Joe

Welcome to the “Retard” Club! There’s always plenty to do and very rarely any need to feel bored or frustrated with life, Joe, so keep on keeping on and enjoy yourself … it’s the reward for 50-odd years of hard work!!

BTW, I did reply to your post regarding a seat for a T300 Triumph, just in case you didn’t see it.

1 Like

NealH
Yes The state pension really is a palaver the questions and forms. Seems they don’t want people to claim. Joe