Out with the old Honda and in with the new……

An electric top box. What will they think of next. :slight_smile:

Good luck on the new bike :smiley:

1 Like

Cheers Steve

1 Like

Sounds like you’ll be very comfortable Nikki - the navigation app sounds similar to the Triumph one on the Tiger. No overall map, just arrow direction but useful to always have it there.

Yes, Steve this will suit me better. I thought It going to be something like Android Auto so was a little disappointed to discover I just get an arrow, but it’s better than nothing and I don’t need to have Satnavs or phones cluttering up the bars or dash. I just have to get used to it.

1 Like

Happy new bike day :smiley:

1 Like

What happens if the battery goes flat :rofl: enjoy the new bike Nikki :+1:

1 Like

If the battery goes flat you’re screwed. No not really.
The battery lives under the seat, and there’s a key to open it in case the battery is flat.
It’s a Honda, they’ve thought of everything :grin:

2 Likes

So, a couple of things I’ve noticed about the bike. The non adjustable screen needs replacing with an aftermarket one (MRA). The wind hits you straight in the helmet and consequently it’s very loud. As loud or louder than the VFR which only had a tiny screen.

Second, although I have navigation you don’t get turn by turn navigation displayed on the TFT screen. All you get is voice commands, apparently this is for safety reasons. I don’t like this. I want to see where I’m going and what junctions look like. So I’m going to see if I can mount my phone somewhere.

It handles absolutely great and not like a scooter at all. The Burgman I used to own would easily scrape the side stand when leaning it over. The Forza doesn’t. I took some photos this morning which I’ll post shortly.

1 Like

9 Likes

The bike looks good, not really scooter looking at all. I reckon that will be ideal for commuting.

1 Like

Scooters aren’t particularly my thing but that actually looks pretty cool. Perhaps the best of both worlds - kudos to Honda.

Thanks guys, once I’ve ditched the standard screen it’s going to be perfect. I’ve already mounted my waterproof phone holder to the RHS mirror stalk so that’s that issue resolved.

2 Likes

Looks much cooler than a Burgervan - typical windscreen problem though, had to go the Madstad route on both my Tigers :grimacing:

Why don’t they just put on a decent screen on bikes :face_with_diagonal_mouth:
Anyway just ordered up a puig screen it’s 10cm taller than the standard screen. Hopefully that’s it.

WOW - scooters have moved on a little (!) since the Li125 I borrowed to take my test on in 1966. :laughing:

That really doesn’t look like a scooter at all and, were it not for the small wheels and very low seat, it would definitely be taken for a motorcycle in anyone’s rear view mirror! I’ll be interested to see a long(er) term review at some point in the future, please.

1 Like

Looks the dogs Nikki. I don’t like app based satnavs either :wink:

1 Like

So 700km done so far on the Forza. Very comfortable to ride and handles just like a regular bike, it’s very flickable due to the low center of gravity. The brakes are superb and very powerful. The best thing about the bike is the economy, I filled it up after getting back from work and it’s doing 78mpg which is incredible for a 750cc bike. I’m sure this will drop a bit once I started to use the sport setting more often.
The only gripe I have is that I’m having to fill it every 2 days as the tank is very small (think it’s about 13 liters).

6 Likes

It’s hard to argue with that sort of mileage with the cost of petrol right now. Out of interest, did you consider going electric? For city riding and commuting they seem like a viable option.

I never considered an electric bike as the range is not very good plus they are quite pricey.
Anyway my new Puig screen turned up today which I fitted and wow what a difference. I can ride with my visor open up to around 130kph (80mph) and the noise is minimal, however the bike is more susceptible to head winds especially if following a truck or big van. Very good quality screen and reasonably priced at 154 Euros. Happy bunny at the moment

6 Likes