Oxford Air Seat

Has anybody used one of these or similar? Thinking it may be useful for my Scottish trip in June
https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/775685

Nope, never had piles. :wink:

Do you have any cycling underwear? I find the arse padding and lack of seams to create pressure points work for me, and if you get them from Aldi when they have their cycling stuff on special buy they won’t cost much either.

1 Like

Yeah got several pairs. Did think of that but wondered what these were like. One less layer to scrabble with when nature calls :smiley:

I tried the cycling shorts, seemed to make a difference but it’s hard to get over the sensation of having shited yourself :rofl:

1 Like

Just sit tight and enjoy the scenery - you’ll forget all about your backside!

Tell you what is bloody comfortable, a sheepskin cover, or pad you can still get them on fleabay, the high mileage boys swear by them.

1 Like

As Pat says, I have heard that a sheepskin cover gives that comfort and those I’ve spoken to who have them swear by them for longer distance :wink:
Personally I can’t get past the looks but worth a shot if you need it :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Living in Wales is clearly having an effect on you…Baaaaaaaaaa …

I tried using a gel pad years ago when I had my Bandit but found that the extra seat height it created made it unusable. If you’ve got a low seat or long legs you should be ok. Don’t know about the comfort aspect though.

2 Likes

That’s what I was thinking :joy:

Will try with my cycling shorts before spending anything :grinning:

@Dawsy
According to my Wife, I have no meat on my arse so I do suffer after 2+ hours of riding on the bikes I have with less forgiving saddles.

I have tried the inflatable seat pads like Oxford but couldn’t find the right level of inflation. However, I find the cheap and cheerful Amazon option below is good enough and I can last 4+ hours in the saddle on any bike.

1 Like

Cheers Geoff. Will investigate :smiley:

2 Likes

Yeah, it’s making hate the English more than I already did. :joy:

According to my wife, I have too much on mine. Still gets sore after a few hours ride, though.

1 Like

My wife used an Airhawk pad years ago, and was very pleased with it. Trick is not to overinflate them. I might still have it, can’t remember if l gave it away or lent it someone though…:crazy_face:

2 Likes

Up until very recently I was firm of buttock due to many miles of cycling but lately…:confused:

What, the wife?

If only…not sure she’d be so shit hot almost deflated :smiley:

1 Like