Petition against new 20mph speed limits in Wales

In case you want to add your name to the 200000 plus that already think it’s a bad idea.

2 Likes

For those that are planning a trip into Wales…here’s a brief understanding of the new 20mph limit rules.

"There seems to be some significant confusion here in Wales ahead of Speed Limit change and so, I thought I would help by briefly explaining how the change works so that there can be no confusion:

Any roads that were previously 30 will now be 20 apart from the roads that aren’t going to be 20, which will still remain as 30. When you see street lights you have to assume that the roads will be 20 even if the signs still say 30 because despite the signs saying 30, the roads could be 20, apart from, of course, the roads (as explained above) which will remain 30 despite them being 20. It’s also important to remember that there will still be a number of roads which despite them having streetlights will not be 20, and in these cases they could be 30, 40, 50, 60 or even 70, however, always bear in mind that even if the signs on these roads still state 30 they could, of course, be 20 unless they are one of the roads that have been designated 30, in which case the 20 restriction will not apply."

I trust that clarifies. It’s really not difficult.:thinking::joy::joy:

Thats about as clear as this sign

1 Like

You might as well have written it in Welsh. :sweat_smile:

In reality I suppose it means that urban national speed limited roads, and those with streetlights, are 20mph. If there’s a 30 mph road sign, round with a red circle, then surely that’s a legal instruction and you couldn’t be charged with an offence for obeying the displayed limit.

Lets hope Mr Drakewod doesn’t see this post :scream:

As far as enforcement is concerned I expect this will go to court if someone’s done for exceeding the 20 limit where the signs say 30. Place your bets on the outcome…

1 Like

Is this “every” Tuesday?

I was going to suggest that’s just not cricket but…

Cricket Rules

You have two sides, one out in the field and one in.

Each a player who’s in the side that’s in goes out, and when they’re out they come in and the next player goes in until they’re out.

When they are all out, the side that’s out comes in and the side that’s been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out.

Sometimes you get players still in and not out.

When a batter goes out to go in, the players who are out try to get them out, and when the batter is out they go in and the next batter in goes out and goes in.

There are two people called umpires who stay out all the time and they decide when the players who are in are out.

When both sides have been in and all the players have been out, and both sides have been out twice after all the players have been in, including those who are not out, that is the end of the game!

I believe so, plus every Wednesday to Monday too…

We got tailgated by 2 pushbikes on the way back from the Old Station Cafe, Tiltern yesterday :man_facepalming:

Surprised they didn’t overtake you as the speed limits don’t apply to them. Were you on the Ducati, wouldn’t have happened on the ditchpump :rofl:

Yep on the Ducati, I made it as wide as possible to prevent them from getting past :rofl:

I can see this ending up with the lycra lot running into the back of someone else that has to stick to the limits causing injury or damage to the 3rd party, especially when they get into that “indestructible” pack memtality when the highway code goes out of the window.