Petrol prices higher then they should be

I’m shocked! Shocked, I tell you.

No surprise there. I’m not one for unnecessary regulation, but…

Agreed, greedy bastards all of them, including the government with the increase in tax they get from higher prices :rage:

They dropped fuel duty by 5p last year in the face if high inflation. They’ll get still get a bit more VAT of course but that’s the same on almost everything that’s gone up in the last couple of years.

By keeping prices artificially high, the petroleum companies could argue that they’re discouraging its use and thereby doing their bit to help save the planet.

The fact that their shareholders are making billions out of the policy is purely coincidental :grinning:

1 Like

Just on another note but still inflation, went to the ‘oil can’ on Sunday and had a very nice breakfast for two ( not a massive one) and two teas £28, then I was having a clear out of some old receipts in the evening and stumbled on a 2019 one for the oil can and can’t believe the similar meal was actually just over half the price!!

Not only is there no such thing as a free lunch, these days there’s no such thing as a cheap one, either.

Also, must arrange another lunch at the Carding Shed.

The cafe at the London Gliding Club at Dunstabubble. Two breakfasts (2x sausages, bacon & eggs plus mushrooms, beans, slice of buttered toast, and 2 cups of tea) £17. NB tried to upload photo 3.3 Mb but it kept crashing.

Hungry Horse pubs at the moment are doing two full English breakfast for £4.79. What is not to like :slightly_smiling_face:

The unspeakable contents of the ‘sausages’?