Postcards from Wales

Found a lovely road south of Bala yesterday.

Not long after we came across a bit of a blockage.

Staying at a nice cottage in mid Wales with dire internet, lovely moning here though :⁠-⁠D

15 Likes

Beautiful!! You’ve certainly got the weather for all of those lovely roads and epic scenery. Have a fantastic time.

3 Likes

Yes, have a wonderful time. And keep up with the pictures and story line. :grinning:

1 Like

Take the road from the south of Bala lake to Lake Vyrmwy, fantastic piece of road and brilliant views. It is just off the B4403.

1 Like

You can get a great lunch at Y Llew Coch in Dinas Mawddwy.

Lamb chops for tea ?

1 Like

Easy for you to say…

Ewe would say that…

Reminds me of the irish remake of the silence of the lambs… shut up ewes

1 Like

After breakfast at the cottage we headed up to the Elan Valley, first stop for a view from a dam.

Then west along the mountain road.

To get to Devil’s Bridge for elevensies.

A few miles away is the Hafod estates where we spent more than an hour walking through forests with some great views.

The open fields were uncomfortably hot in riding jeans and carrying a leather jacket, but found more shade to sit in and look at the view.

Hungry now we headed to Aberystwith.

14 Likes

I didn’t say it, I wrote it…And I had to check the map!

After our late lunch we headed down the coast for half an hour to ifind a sandy beach.

Mrs Mouse is braver than I, she’s gone in for a swim! I’m just going to plot route back to cottage.

9 Likes

This morning we went through Abergwesyn Common.

Then after climbing the Devil’s Staircase down past Llyn Brianne.

Arriving at The Owls Nest in time for elevensies.

Now we’re back on the coast where I found a stone seat in the shape of my bike seat :⁠-⁠)

Addendum: this time I was as brave and Mrs Mouse and spent half hour in the sea :⁠-⁠)

10 Likes

Looks like you two are having a brillant time!

1 Like

You’re taking some great shots on your travels. Thanks for sharing them.

2 Likes

We are :⁠-⁠D

2 Likes

To get back to cottage we took the B roads west to Tregaron then the great B4343 up to Devil’s Bridge for final refreshments of the day.

Then back along the mountain road through Rhayader and down to the cottage.

Heading home tomorrow so this is the last of the postcards.

8 Likes

I do hope the operator of the machine got some nibbles too? It’d be a very greedy mouse otherwise!

They did :⁠-⁠)

1 Like

Great trip report @BrownMouse . Reminds me of many of the great roads in Wales that I have ridden :grinning:

1 Like