Power washers

1. why are bullseye giving out 2nd hand prizes?
  2. why are you watching bullseye?

Beats the crap out of modern tv, Jim Bowen, he was an entertaining guy!

intellect

1 Like

I’m using a LAVOR hot pressure washer which I bought for £700ish a year ago. It’s obviously got a ‘hot’ water hose which is professional quality and it shifts oil better than any cold washer.

2 Likes

I’m a nilkisk fan myself Andy. Whatever you get make sure the pump is metal (the cheaper ones are plastic so are prone to split in winter) I always run mine dry too with the hosepipe detacted before I put it away so it doesn’t freeze up.
Don’t get the patio washer attachment though even if it’s included as it’s shoite.

Other things to consider

Make sure the hose is at least 10m and is reinforced rubber, the anti kink ones are plastic and coil up like a manic snake and I’ve found to my cost you can’t fit the better hose to the ones with an antikink one. That said nilfisk come with a decent guarentee so keep the box in case it goes wrong as you send it back to them to be fixed. Only problem I’ve had with mine is they tend to cycle when switched on when not being used because the cut off valve starts to leak slightly so the back pressure drops and the motor then kicks in but it’s more an annoyance that anything and when mine played up they fixed it no probs. Nolfish also do an auto nozzle which has a nice wide softer spray especially for washing cars that I’ve used without any issues on the ditchpumps over the years

Have a look at cleanstore, they’re good to deal with if they deliver to NI

3 Likes

Thanks Ade :blush: I’m swaying towards the pro Karcher, the pump is a big improvement apparently plus I have a few Karcher fit foam lances and such. I need to look more into fittings now, see whats compatible with what.

1 Like