Real life insurance claim progress and timeline

Jees that sounds horrendous.
I’ve tried to read and understand what is going on. Am I right in thinking there are 2 separate companies Carole nash for the damage and the other company re injuries?

1 Like

Yes, that’s how this one is working out I’m afraid.

How are you doing? Hopefully you’re healing up okay.

How’s the insurance claim progressing, is it sorted yet?

6 Likes

Hi there. Thanks for asking! Tbh, nothing much more to report.
I did have a statement form to fill out for the police and the other person’s insurance have 6 weeks to respond to the letter sent to them, outlining why im claiming against him.
Still no further news on the velocipede as his insurance has to agree with my insurance that its a write off. They’ve still not been to see it.
Ps, police action can actually take up to 6 months…
As for myself? Ribs give me gip every now and then but everything else is fine.
I’m lucky.

12 Likes

A call from the insurance company today!
A bit bitter sweet but bike is officially a write off and a cat b.
This is a do not resuscitate and straight to the crusher for the zzr1400.
However, they have said the valuation of the bike (in their eyes) and its £1k more than i paid for it so I mustn’t grumble really!
Personal Injury claim is still on going but we’re all waiting for the police report to give blame to either party.
So, accident was on 23rd may and payment on 27th September.

7 Likes

I guess these things can take some time to resolve. The best bit is that it is in your favour.

Is there any doubt about the blame for the accident. Was the other rider not on your side of the road?

2 Likes

He was but its the usual “don’t admit anything or talk” when the accident occurred.
He actually apologised to me when I was on the floor and in the presence of the police and ambulance crew so i put that into my report also.
We’ll see!

2 Likes

Good news on the bike valuation at least. Hopefully the rest will be settled without too much further delay. How are you feeling now?

1 Like

All good so far then. Let’s hope the second half is as successful :crossed_fingers:

Feeling like i was before the accident tbh but a few scars and whatnot!

3 Likes

I read one of those bike solicitor columns recently and he said that it’s irrelevant to the law whether someone admits fault, or not, at the scene. Another urban myth, it seems.

Made me feel better.

Result! Halfway there… :crossed_fingers:

1 Like