Recommend a tubeless tyre puncture repair kit?

Anyone have any recommendations for a small easy to carry puncture repair kit for tubeless tyres?

There’s always millions of options available, some I’m sure are very good and others very rubbish.

Ta.

1 Like

Aye this one, comes with everything you need, case is 8" x 5" like a pencil case, bloody brilliant

3 Likes

I even repaired a puncture on my NissanTerrano with it, my mates Busa and another mates suzuki Gladys.

1 Like

This is the kit I always carry with me, and an air compressor too. When I went to Poland a few years ago, I wanted to make sure I wasn’t stuck at the side of the road, if at all possible.

I bought a few extra tubes of rubber glue too.

Bought the compressor off Amazon, good bit of kit too.

2 Likes

Do those little CO2 canisters actually work, or do you really need a separate compressor?

1 Like

They do work, my mates busa took four to take the tyre up to around 30lb. The kit comes with an attachment like you used to get with a push bike pump to attach to the valve, then you just screw the cannisters on one at a time until you get a decent amount in, it took six cannisters to inflate my terrano enough to drive home and blow it up properly, the mushrooms saw out the life of the tyres.

3 Likes

I carry one of those, plus a compact rechargeable air compressor, but never had to use them so far (except for the compressor, which I use to do the tyre pressures). I bought the Stop & Go kit after quite a lot of research: it seemed to have the best reviews. Plenty of places round here have no phone signal, so you can’t rely on being able to just phone for the breakdown truck.

2 Likes

I’ve never used any of the kit yet :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers: Hope I don’t have too, I just bought the compressor, as a back up for the canisters.

I’ve had nothing but 100% success on cars and bikes with the rope type @Bikerman posted. I’ve fixed quite a few with them. Never tried the mushroom type, stick with what works for you I suppose. Done burnouts to test them too :rofl:
The Co2 I find a couple of canisters will get mid 20’s psi which is good enough to get you to a garage.

1 Like

I’ve got that Airman compressor too. It’s been on every tour I’ve done and is what I regularly use to keep my tyres at correct pressure. (I have digital gauge to check pressures and Airman to inflate). I modified the lead to have an SAE connector and added a SAE flying lead to bike as the Triumph accessory socket is fused at 5 Amp and this thing takes about 7.

I’ve got two Airman compressors. One with an sae connection which I use on the bikes and take on tour and I bought a second one for the wife’s Honda Civic which is eleven years old now. The compressor that came with the car had a problem with the power lead, the plastic coating became brittle and more or less fell off, resulting in a blown fuse in the car one day.

I’m a bit late but this is the one I’ve carried for years and had to use.
https://twotyres.co.uk/product/rema-tip-top-motorcycle-puncture-repair-kit/
What I like is that it only has one tool to use which is very compact and works for both cleaning out the hole and inserting the rubber plug. Most of the other kits need 2 tools with bulky plastic handles. If space is a premium then have a look at it.
It does work as I’ve actually used it, the 3 co2 cannisters pumped up a 160/60 R18 to rideable, but it did need topping up elsewhere to bring it up to 36psi. Plus beware when the co2 is expelled the cannisters outside freezes, so I’d recommend wearing your motorcycle glove when using.

I actually ended up buying one of the Stop & Go kits. It looks comprehensive but I’ve not had to use it yet, and hopefully never will! I already had the small portable compressor that I use on my bicycle - it should be good enough to get enough pressure into a motorbike tyre to make it rideable, but I may just buy a few CO2 canisters to be on the safe side.

2 Likes

I ended up ditching my co2’s over time as like you I had something from my bicycle, mine is the topeak mini morph https://www.cyclingweekly.com/reviews/pumps-puncture-repair/topeak-mini-morph-g-pump . It’s a mini track pump that I’ve tried on my motobike by letting out all the air and pumping back up as a test. But it’s not as compact as the 3 co2’s. I just strap it to a rail on the mbike. I did buy a compressor for the bike but it’s not what could be called a compact solution, it was a rocky creek version https://www.madornomad.com/rocky-creek-motorcycle-tyre-pump-review/

The stop and go comes with a little yellow sleeve to wrap around the Co2 cannisters to stop you having to freeze dry your gloves.

2 Likes

So does the tip top I linked to, but when the first canister froze while using it, I admit to resorting to the sleeve and motorcycle glove. It may have been worse because I was fixing a puncture in the rain!?

+1 for the Airman (if you can make room), I used to just carry the CO2 cannisters but was always nervous I’d cock it up and not get enough pressure in the tyre.

Had a puncture in the car last week, through the sidewall :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:
Anyway, a testament to the rope type plugs. I plugged it and have been driving about all week on it. I did get new tyres today as I reckond the plug in the sidewall was going to blow out and leave me stranded (no spare, just a tube of slime). When I plugged it you could feel how thin the rubber was, no resistance pushing it in (hehe) and no reinforcement in that area and a bit of a bulge round the plug. Didnt seem safe to be honest. Anyhow, that keeps my 100% success rate in rope type plugs and I can add a sidewall repair to the list along with burnouts on plugs :grin: I’m well into double figures now with these repairs.

4 Likes

Nice to know that these repair kits work. I don’t have spare and only the repair kit, so thanks for posting Andy.

1 Like