Say what?! People say the most ridiculous things about motorcycles

Is it fast?

1 Like

WOW, you truly are a great manager knowing stuff like that ! (private joke) :smile:

1 Like

It will kill you.

I always say that our bikes don’t sit in the garage plotting our demise between themselves. I like the image though for some reason of them doing just that, it amuses me.

1 Like

You’ve never owned a V Max have you :wink:

From that, I have made a mental note to myself to never own one :rofl:.

1 Like

Ha ha…. It is really important to keep the troops informed (private joke!) :grinning:

Funnily enough, it was… when I wasn’t quite yet old enough to have a moped, 1992(?) that I saw this (Vmax) being reviewed in a motorcycle magazine (that wasn’t Backstreet Hero’s) and decided… “I want to ride a bike”.

I also feel, now, “I wouldn’t know what to do if I ever had the opportunity”…

Which, to be honest, is much the same as I felt when reading Backstreet Hero’s!

1 Like

This was mine, heavily modified, the originals had ridiculous wheel sizes that could only take cross ply tyres. I fitted a 900 Diversion rear wheel and thunderace front to allow 17" radials, supertrapp pipes, uprated fork internals. Z boost, firebox ignition, Wave Discs. Yamaha originally designed it as a tribute to drag cars, never intended to be a cruiser. V Max stands for Velocity Maximum and it was properly fast in a straight line but handling was compromised by the wheel/tyre combo. Original full power models put out 140 bhp, mine 150+ at the rear wheel and they were a proper handful.

2 Likes

The 6000rpm step

1 Like

X boost…stepped in at any revs above tickover

1 Like