Scotland Naked 24

Sun shine in Poland.
I happen to know.

So started today in Portree, it’s a beautiful ride down to Kyle of Lochalsh rained a little, very patchy then over to Plockton for coffee and off to Applecross weather continued to confound and confuse, we didn’t know if we would see anything from the top. Anyway from there on in the sky’s cleared and the day brightened.

8 Likes

You can’t beat Portree to Kyle - Plockton is overrated, I think.

2 Likes

Skye is certainly very beautiful. We owned a holiday house there for 25 years until we sold it about 3 years ago.
I used to spend about 4 weeks there every winter, doing maintenance. There was the odd beautiful day, but there were an awful lot of storms and horizontal rain at that time of year… All the well known tourist sights get overrun with visitors in the summer nowadays. Now is probably the best time to visit if you can dodge the campervans.

1 Like

I should think May, early June. Best time for weather, and not as busy yet.

1 Like

Plockton is fantastic. I thought of you today when we saw the yachts. You could spend many years sailing the lochs and inlets of the west coast.

I’ve been moored in Plockton, James (next to Sir P. McCartney :joy:), didn’t think much of it. The outer Hebrides are much nicer.

This pic cost me 34 miles. Just after I took it our bikes were blocked in by a party of bikers, so we got up to explain we were moving soon, chatted, moved our bikes, and left.

Left that is, my phone on the bench!

Shieldaig to Kinlochewe 17 miles.

Supper in the pub and say good bye to Dougie. He’s off home tomorrow.
I continue to Helmsdale, in search of GOLD!

8 Likes

4 Likes

There a Sea-eagles nest on that island in Shieldaig.

2 Likes

You’re absolutely right there, James. :smiley:

3 Likes

Actually had to stop at Applecross to gaze at an Eagle in flight.They move like no other bird. Dont know if it was Golden or White Tailed.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/dPbnwduJcKviV1ns9

Todays plan.

Lexford Bridge to Lairg is fantastic.

4 Likes

You’d know if it was a White-tailed. AKA “flying doors”.

1 Like

Home.6 other

3 Likes

Nice one James glad the trip went well.