Short review 400X after 2600Kms

This is a copy of a post I’ve done in the New member bit, but the I saw this topic and thought it might go better here!
Hi again, and here’s some of my thoughts after 2600Kms.
I’m really enjoying the bike and am totally glad I trusted my instincts and ordered it unseen/untested!
I’ve done a few 200+ Km runs and found it to be comfortable, good seat! Also have done a few runs with groups and had no problems keeping up with more powerful machines, though here on Tenerife with all our blind bends, narrow roads and hills it’s not for testing out the max KPH!
One issue I experienced was that it stalled on me whilst changing down 4 - 3 -2 gears, with clutch in slowing for a junction and second time in the wet when I’d been riding gently, I’m puzzled as to why? Suggestions I’ve read have to do with ECU issues and allegedly there’s an update coming! It is also a bit snatchy at low speeds especially when cold. I wonder if anyone has tried the Fuel X Lite with it and seen any improvements?
As I’m not intending to off road it I will possibly look for more road suited tyres when the time comes to change them, any suggestions?
Overall I’m loving it…
Phil

1 Like

Good to hear that you’re loving it :blush:

When I test rode a 400X I didn’t notice a snatchy throttle, perhaps that’s specific to your bike? Might be worth getting your dealer to look at it.

The cutting out issue sounds exactly like the occasional issue I have with my Tiger 900, so this one seems to be across a few Triumph models!

1 Like