Show me the way to go chrome

Which bike do we think best suits the new Chrome look that Triumph have come out with? I quite like the Thruxton, myself.

1 Like

Personally it looks like a bit of a load of old bollox to me. Just rehashing the same range, and that launch vid was like a Peloton ad for hipsters. What’s next, a year’s supply of beard oil with every new Bobber? Maybe chuck in a free checked shirt
:grinning:

4 Likes

I like the two tone and chrome on the Bobber’s tank.

I would though be much more excited by an “Interesting Colours for the Roadsters Global Reveal Event”.

2 Likes

Thruxton for me :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Far too bling for me.

Ooooo
 you think they might? :thinking: I’ll raise me jam jar of homemade kombucha to that!

I got 40 seconds in and thought exactly the same as @TheRevenant said.
Looks like a collection of twats and their genderless partners trying to “out-hipster” each other, whilst scoffing canapĂ©s and saying “yar, it’s so vibrant” to each other knobber.
And a couple of rip-off shiny (chromed in thailand probably so what could possibly flake, fall off and get told to f-off by triumph when it does
) bikes thrown in.
Bah Humbug.

4 Likes

They wont last thru a winter. That’s the bikes chrome and the so called bikers.

Triumph now seem to be developing their marketing strategy to present their bikes as a lifestyle accessory rather than as actual motorcycles for actual motorcyclists to ride. Ugh.

(But I’m just a grumpy old git who rides motorbikes, so why would they take any notice of what I think?)

4 Likes

So if chrome is superior to paint and also makes the bikes look great, why do they limit production to one year?

2 Likes

I suppose you have to say the retro seam is looking mined out a bit now. That said, if I were in the position to buy something new, I’m not sure Triumph would attract me too readily. Not cheap, seem to have a few dealer issues when it comes to warranty, bike quality seems to vary. My 2010 triples were both fantastic bikes, but an upgrade for them would probably have me heading to a Kawasaki dealer. Retro-Z900RS will do nicely. Tour & scratch-Z1000SX thank you. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Maybe it’s just me, but are Triumph getting a bit short on ideas with all these one off bikes. What’s next, a tribute bike to the Queen, and then maybe a coronation bike to King Charles??.
Like has been said above they’re getting on the expensive side now. Think I’ll stick with my Thunderbird.

Yeah too many limited editions, seems like there’s a new one every couple of weeks. If they would offer more colour options to begin with :roll_eyes: must be a nice earner, its a pity people are willing to pay over the odds for them or they wouldn’t do it.

3 Likes

They’ve been at it for a good while! Lifestyle marketing, its so cringe worthy

4 Likes

Maybe a Harry-er ?

You can’t knock Triumph for doing these if they know they’ll sell, they are in the business of selling bikes after all.

I come from a history of owning Lotus cars (Elise’s mainly) and Lotus seemed to offer a new limited edition version of those every couple of months! The thing is, these ‘limited edition’ versions fetched more money on the second hand market and I expect these Triumphs will to.

2 Likes

But will you be able to get spares for a Harry-er?

(Harry = the spare. Geddit?)

All very ho-hum, these inflated price “special editions” just designed to lever an extra few shekels from the gullible with more money than sense, they’ll hardly be ridden.

1 Like

I suspect its going to be a constant running thing, we have had the gold line range this year.

I’m happy for them to sell special editions provided they still keep making all the ‘ordinary’ versions. The more money they make the more they have for R&D to make more bikes.

3 Likes