Sidis no more

My trusty Sidi boots have finally failed me after many years of fine, if slightly squeaky, service. The fit means your foot sort of ‘slots in’ to the boot, which means giving it a good push as you put it on. Over time this seems to have caused some of the lining material to become unglued and it’s now a lump that makes the boot unwearable.

3 Likes

Funny looking books you have in your house @Octoberon :grinning: :grinning:

I have no idea what you’re talking about… :innocent:

Time to make them into plant pots…

1 Like

The power of the edit function eh :grinning: :grinning:

Or champagne glasses?

:nauseated_face::face_vomiting::dizzy_face:

So…back in the voluminous winter suit today, being a card carrying Luddite I’ve always worn the same bike gear winter or summer and just chucked a giant waterproof suit over the top, belting down this morning but one of those days when you’ve just got to ride. My oversuit is a cheap job, but it’s been very reliable JDC oversuit (nope I’d never heard of them either) it’s never leaked, my arse doesn’t slip around on the seat, plenty of room for bike jacket and jeans underneath and it’s easy to get on and off with boots. I paid £30 from memory but they’ve probably gone up, bargain for staying dry, recommended.

4 Likes

You can’t beat good kit to stay dry. To many days back in the day when kit was shite and we were cold and wet.

2 Likes

Even my Richa over trousers let water in, I’d of thought they were decent quality, they certainly feel like it. Quite heavy material but the seams must be the problem.

Can’t beat PVC :joy:

You new someone was gonna post it… :joy:

2 Likes

That’s leather innit? :thinking:

You can’t fool the experts :joy:

1 Like

And we knew who it would be. :smile:

2 Likes

I’ve got the same and ………… ferkin leak on the seams too!

1 Like

Yes is that the Hein Gerricke cruiser suit back on the returns rail again as it’s too tight??? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like