So, I’m seriously considering ditching the car…

If you have an adventure bike it’s the law, especially outside Starbucks

1 Like

I admire your courage to ditch the tin box. Good luck and stay safe over the shitty months, something like XCP or acf50 should help protect your bikes all year round. As said above let us know how you get on as for most of us I’m guessing going down a similar path isn’t a practical option.

3 Likes

I’d completely forgotten to stand on the pegs through town in true adventure bike style, so next time :+1:

When the weather is really crap, my plan is to stay indoors, but following PatW’s FS365 recommendation I plan to get some of that as it sounds good.

1 Like

Yeah, sort out the important stuff. It’s like riding a Pan Euro without a green jacket with POLITE splashed across the back…:smile:

Like this guy…

Sorry, I have another question on adventure bike etiquette. Is it a requirement that I wear a helmet with a peak on it? I recently bought one with a flip up front but realise now that these are only worn when riding large touring bikes. I may have cocked up a bit there. This biking lark is soooo complicated….

You’d think Triumph would put all this vital information in the owners handbook.

1 Like

You can fashion a natty peak of your own using an old cornflakes box and some double-sided sticky tape

3 Likes

It’s a shame Blue Peter isn’t on the TV any more. They could have done a how-to segment on this.

They’d have shown you how to make a plastic peak out of a fairly liquid bottle, save you buying another lid

That’ll be fine providing he doesn’t ride on the rain

Just cover the outside with sellotape or rub lard into the cardboard and it will be fine.

I have the solution :partying_face:. Google shows me that the below is an adventure hat. If you wear it over your current helmet, you can change it into an adventure helmet in a jiffy and back again just as swiftly, no need for arts 'n crafts faffery or the purchasing of another helmet :+1:. You’re welcome.

Thanks MrsV that looks ideal. Finally a practical solution.

1 Like

I’m a fan of fs365 because it’s easy to get it off compared to acf50 and your bike still looks nice too. I know I’m a tart but…

Have a look at this, with fs365vyou need to apply it regularly

2 Likes

Or an empty yogurt carton and cardboard from the toilet roll, plus of course sticky back plastic

1 Like

“Splash it all over”

You are such a brut :grinning:

Great for the city/commute?

The Maeving has the same problem as all electric vehicles in the UK, it’s twice the price of an ICE alternative.

I do quite like it though.