Strava runs up subscription cost

Don’t know if any runners here have a Strava subscription but I’ve just received an email from them saying they’re increasing the annual subscription. I think I paid £40 last year; this year it’ll be £54.99. That’s a 37% increase. :unamused:

I’m on Strava, but the free version is good enough for me for everyday use, also after they robbed it for a few features. For deeper analysis I use other alternatives.

The new rate doesn’t kick in until September. I’ll reassess my use then and decide whether it’s still worth it for me. What do you use rather than Strava these days?

My Garmin watch and bike computer both give me access to the Garmin Connect app without any subscription. I also have a profile at intervals.icu, and as a Zwifter (subscription) I use ZwiftPower at no extra cost.

I hadn’t heard of Zwift before. I have a treadmill but it’s a fairly basic thing with no connectivity. I’ve got a Garmin computer for my bike. I don’t have a Garmin watch but there’s an app on my iPhone. I’ll have to look into my set-up now the good weather is here and start getting out again.

Running ? Strava ? What’s that got to do with a “Triumph Motorcycle Forum” ?
I know it’s your forum but if you’re going to berate me for not sticking to the rules, you could at least have the decency to stick to the rules yourself.

I have never had Strava - I am a dinosaur in terms of recording because I like diaries so when I was competing heavily I drew up my training plans and tracked my training and race results on paper (got a nice record to keep though). In terms of recording mileage / pace / elevation etc I have had a Suunto and now a Garmin for many years but don’t bother with any of the community type stuff on Garmin Connect; I record for myself only. I daren’t look at anything like Strava as I am ultra competitive and it would make me flog myself to death :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:.

I do record all of my motorcycling mileage, routes done etc in a diary too (like a dive log book I guess). Probably pretty sad to most people but I really enjoy planning routes and recording the ride :flushed: :rofl:.

2 Likes

If you’d read the rules it might help. :grin:

I’m on Strava but the budget version(free) and it’s good enough. So luckily no price increase

2 Likes

Of course you are, your a Yorkshireman :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Read the rules ? oh come on, that’s like reading the instructions before fitting a new exhaust system or if we all stuck to the rules we’d be riding/driving around at 30mph all the time or according to the speed limit. :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :smiley:

1 Like

Indeed. You take your chances until someone gives you a ticket or revokes your licence, and you can’t really complain afterwards. :smile:

Yes teacher.