Street Triple R vs RS

You don’t get used to a Vtwin engine after one test ride, nor learn to get the best out of the bike.

The first time I rode a V-twin I put a deposit down on the spot. That instant power surge is like nothing else. You do ride them differently. I’ll reserve judgement on Harley type big lazy low revving V-twins because I’ve never tried one. But the big sporty types like Superdukes and Tuonos… my god they are exciting. But hey, everybody’s different.

2 Likes

There’s summat about the lazy power of a big Harley too… but going back to triples… they can be tuned grunty or spinny as well… horses for courses… think I have to trial the new breed just to have a few kicks

1 Like

I’m with @NealH , owned a 2013 Multistrada for two years, also ridden BMW boxers for a week in Austria.
Each to their own - twins are not for me.

I only have twins :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
'02 Aprilia RSV Mille
'08 Aprilia Tuono 1000R Factory
'15 Triumph Thunderbird NightStorm :tada: :tada:

3 Likes

You are absolutely right there Pat. They take a while to get used to. I brought an Aprilia Gen 1 RSV-R. Traded a Fireblade for it. Didn’t even test ride one. My mate had turned up on his a few days earlier and was raving about it, I liked the look of it so just trusted his views…After years of in-line fours it was like a slap in the face. Had to relearn how to ride bikes again.
But once I’d got it,wow. The best handling bike I’ve ever owned. Unfortunately it made me ride like a twat, pushing the front end and flying around everywhere much too fast. Sublime experience but it had to go when I fell in Love with my MV Agusta. Coincidentally that was just after I’d dropped the RSV at Rockingham on a track day.
I rebuilt it and traded it for the MV.
In fact having a crash on track slowed me down on the road, it was the best thing that happened.
I did love my v twin but when I rode a mates Gen 1 Tuono the other day, I struggled to enjoy that. So triples are my favourite I think.

3 Likes

Riding like a twat sounds familiar :rofl: