The Dealers of Shipley

Sometimes a rideout is a scenic tour of the countryside. Sometimes it’s a journey to a particular destination. Other times it’s mooching around dealers. Today was just such a day.

I’ve already written about the test ride that featured in the Saturday sun. After that, with the afternoon still in full flow, it was but a nip around the proverbial block from the Kawasaki dealership to the Triumph and Ducati stores, conveniently right next door to each other.

Not the first visit, and not the first time I’ve posted about that Triumph dealer. But who among us doesn’t like seeing shiny motorcycles?

My favourite bike in the shop was this one.

Outside was another interesting bike to discover - a Speed 400 demonstrator! I shall be back for the key to that one. A few yards away from the little Speedy was another demonstrator that caught my eye. A big, red Ducati Diavel V4. “Dare to be bold”, Ducati say about it. Dare to look ridiculous and not give a hoot, I say. Built like a mechanical bulldog with a rear tyre that takes up half the road. Yeah, go on then.

It still wasn’t the lariest bike in the showroom. For that you needed to puzzle over this colour scheme. They actually charge extra for it. Baffling.

My pick from the Italian stable would have been this cheeky little Bolognan.

And with that we pointed the bikes southwards, took in some more of what Yorkshire has to offer (no, not Bradford), enjoyed the excellent A6023 through Pecket Well (yes really) to Hebden Bridge, and finally home.

5 Likes

I will point out here that Bradford is firmly within West Yorkshire, which is why I live in NorthYorkshire :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Good write up as ever Saul!

1 Like

Of course it is. What was I thinking? :smile:

1 Like