The Off-Bike comfort compromise? (Motorcycle Jeans etc)

I’m a jeans man, they are brilliant for comfort on and off the bike. If its cold I wear something underneath. If its wet, overtrousers. If its really cold and wet then I’ll wear my Rukka textile trousers because on the subject of Richa rain warrior’s… mine gave me a wet crotch! Not impressed, they look and feel heavy and well made but they still let water in. It was monumentally wet though but still :rage:

2 Likes

A bit like these Steve?

There’s a glimpse into your online browsing

1 Like

Its all the rage now, didn’t you know? This was just the other week in Belfast… seriously, not joking :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Haha, nothing packs down that small :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
A few photos for you, the thinner ones are the trousers and it’s a copy of Ride magazine for size reference

Reckon you could roll them smaller just never tried

1 Like

They look like Frogg Toggs…

FROGG TOGGS Men’s Ultra-lite2 Waterproof Breathable Protective Rain Suit Rainwear (pack of 1) https://amzn.eu/d/iQshNEM

2 Likes

1 Like

Cheers for the info. As you say never in a month of Sundays will they go under my seat😀
Maybe worth investing though.

I have heard good things about those.

1 Like

Not around here it isn’t :flushed:

No mate, those are just for the weekend :joy:

Tucano urbano 2 piece waterproofs, pack up tiny 100% waterproof ideal for summer rainy days.

3 Likes

I’ll get right on it.

I have just seen that Bull-it jeans are reduced from around £162 to £49.99 at Helmet City if anyone is in the market for a new pair.

6 Likes

I’ve been in the process of renewing all my bike gear over the past few months, as all my existing stuff was 10+ years old.

In addition to the helmet, boots & gloves that I bought in November these arrived this morning.

Oxford Rockland textile jacket

It comes with shoulder and elbow armour and I bought the back protector as an extra (it has a pocket for it). It also has a removable waterproof liner and additional thermal liner.

Oxford AAA rated jeans

These come with hip and knee armour which is removable.

I’ve not tried them on the bike yet, but they seem to fit fine and the quality of both seems good.

I also hovered over the buy now button on another helmet but decided against it for now as I think I’ve spent enough!

6 Likes

I have been spending some hard - earned money (again) and my new goodies arrived today:

A pair of AAA - rated single - layer women’s Roadskin Taranis jeans in indigo. Much cheaper than the competition and I have been impressed with Helmut’s pair of Roadskins. I have only sat in them to work from home this afternoon (and sat on both bikes, although refrained from making “neeeeooow” noises) and my first impressions is that they fit almost like a “normal” pair of jeans and are very comfortable. The sizing is accurate which is something of a miracle for female bike kit - size chart said I needed a 10, bought a 10, they fitted :+1:. I like the fact that the back of the waistband is really high to preserve my modesty and the cuffs are slightly wider to go over boots properly.

I completed my WFH wardrobe with these beauties that also arrived today:

Surprisingly heavy but feel very comfortable and look nice.

7 Likes

Cat on a motorbike

Hey Mrs. V - that all sounds - and looks - really great … BUT, can I ask two things, please?

1. Where did the boots come from?

and

1. were they also ‘true to size’?

You’ve given me a really good idea for my better half’s birthday in June so thank you for that - and for any supplementary information, of course! :-)))

2 Likes

My birthday is in June too. I can supply you with a list if you like ?

Me and SWMBO have these…

https://www.sportsbikeshop.co.uk/motorcycle_parts/content_prod/415502

Added convenience (or weakness?) of a zip.
Traded a bit of on-bike protection for off-bike comfort. :+1:

1 Like