The Speed Triples

4 Likes

2005-2010 still the best looking incarnation IMHO - but I may be biased… :smiley:

1 Like

Perhaps slightly :smile:
They are cool though!

2 Likes

No, the 2015 “special edition” 94R in black (with a few tweaks) was the pinnacle. My not at all humble or biased opinion. :laughing:
The original 1994 was very cool too!

3 Likes

When I was at the training school preparing to take my bike test in '94 one of the instructors turned up on his new Speedy. It was black, mean and I wanted one!

3 Likes

GEDDORRN! '94 to '97 the original and best - an icon in more than name …

A design exercise in style and symmetry - and pure visual and audible poetry when in motion! I MAY be biased … NAH, sod it - I AM very biased! (And lucky, as I own two MK. 1s! :slightly_smiling_face:)

Yeah, yeah, I know - stuck in the past … :face_with_diagonal_mouth:

7 Likes

The black one is outstanding :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

The 2016 model (first gen with fly by wire) was shite! :joy:

4 Likes

Thanks. It’s a bit unusual in that it’s an export (US) model that - as far as I can surmise - was owned in the States by a Brit. who imported it to the UK. It’s most unusual feature, though, is a top yoke (triple clamp for the septics!) that looks like it was made at LUCAS (Aerospace?) from billet alloy to enable a conversion to tubular chrome handlebars. It does make the bike a lot more comfortable - especially when doing tight turns at slow speed!!

I think I might be dragging it out for its MOT fairly soon so I’ll try to get some more pictures up then.

5 Likes