TheTriumphForum Access issues

Anybody else having problems getting on to the old forum? Few times today I have had a cannot be displayed type message when trying to view it. :confused:

Yep had problems earlier, fixed now though.

Either their server’s crashed; the host pulled the plug or, perhaps, Rob’s finally called it a day? I just get consistent “Server Not Found” messages.

1 Like

Not for me - still no access.

That was my thought earlier but then it came back. Not working now though! Do you think we will get a refund on our fiver? :joy:

Just tried and it worked OK for me :sunglasses:

1 Like

I could get on briefly at one point, but nothing since.

1 Like

Just now: ‘We can’t connect to the server at www.thetriumphforum.com.’

1 Like

Is this the final death rattle?

Not sure what the bottom bit means but doesn’t sound good

I hope not. I quite like it there, despite the low post count most days.

Same here, still no access.

Same here no access all day

It could be a CloudFlare issue, which effectively sits in front of that forum, a problem with the data centre where the server lives, or even an issue with domain expiry. I can’t say for sure. Most likely it’ll get resolved and everything will carry on. Probably.

I’d make two general points…

1. Don’t rely completely on anyone else - forums, Google, Facebook, whatever - to keep your data safe. Always have a copy of anything important, just in case.

2. In my opinion, you should have someone who can explain what’s going on, especially if you’ve paid for the service.

At TMF there are daily backups and the most recent five are stored. This forum’s servers are in London but It would be relatively easy to rebuild the forum in another data centre - the Netherlands, say, if there was a serious problem. It’s unlikely anyone would notice the difference.

5 Likes

I have just tried again. Was working before, it is not now.

ape

:joy: Autocorrect is the bane of my life.

I’ve no idea what you were trying to say, Saul, but simian didn’t sound right. I suppose Autocorrect is aping human speech? I suppose it’s the result of monkeying around with computers.

Can’t argue with any of that. You have us computer people bang to rights.

1 Like

Just tried again and accessed it with no issues so not sure what is going on over there

1 Like

Yup, working for me this morning too!