Thunderbird owners - Pictures of your pride and joy

As it’s all new let’s get some pictures of your bikes out there :grinning:

Here’s my Thunderbird Nightstorm 1700

7 Likes

Here’s my tarts handbag!

3 Likes

Are we allowed past pride n joys? Or is that another thread for another day…

All of the steeds i think should be allowed!

:+1::+1::+1:

My current bike R3 GT

7 Likes

Here are 4/5 of the bikes I’ve owned. Don’t have a good image of the first one which was a Dragstar 125.

Images are in order of my current one back.

7 Likes

Rebuilt T120V engine with a Tiger cylinder head (hence the painting on the tank). I really should use it as it’s not run in yet.

EDIT ooops sorry, just noticed it’s Thunderbirds. Just ignore and pretend you didn’t see it :tongue:

7 Likes

``

Dartmoor, cold and clear!

5 Likes

Used to own and enjoy

4 Likes

@Iron has noticed, yes it was tagged for the Thunderbird section. I think it will take a while for people to get used to a new format :rofl:
All good though :ok_hand:

2 Likes

A recent acquisition. :sunglasses:

7 Likes

I rather liked my old Legend…

10 Likes

It’s easy to see why, DCS! Nice bike. Great pictures, too. Which abbey is that?

I’ve always liked the styling of the ‘retro range’ - Thunderbird; Adventure; Legend but dislike two aspects of that style - the horn and the tail/plate light. It’s almost as if the stylist got to them and said - “aw, stuff it, had enough of this - I’ll just stick a couple of blobby things somewhere close to where they should be and leave it at that!”

3 Likes

It’s a nice engine tune too…
The abbey is Furness Abbey… the old power base of the Furness fells

2 Likes

OK I know, what a tart I look. A chap round the corner took the photo without me knowing, and just posted it through the door

I do love my Thunderbird, I’ve had it 27 years now, and I once said to a pensioner friend of mine after she said " You love that bike don’t you". To which I replied, " Audrey, if I could take it to bed and shag it, I would".
Needless to say her dentures fell out. :joy:

6 Likes

Lovely bike the thunderbird, one of my favourites.

2 Likes

I really fancied a thunderbird sport before i bought the T100 but a kind chap let me sit on his and the weight was too much for my failing spine, I’ve had it screwed together now but im happy with the T100 tbh.

4 Likes

I can’t see myself ever getting shot of it. Best bike I’ve ever had really. I always have a big grin on me chops when I’m on her :heart::heart:. So there’s no misunderstanding, the love hearts are for my Thunderbird. :joy::joy:

4 Likes