Tiger 1200 owners

Admins, not sure how I post this in just the Tiger section so please move it if you need to, sorry.

Guys and Gals,

I am currently suffering a badly broken foot after my 2022 1200 GT Pro cut out at low speed causing the bike to go over trapping me underneath. I am mending slowly but need to collate information regarding the number of Tiger owners across the globe who have had or are having this same issue with their bikes.

My aim is to pass these numbers to Triumph at their factory to make them see that this is a global problem which must be accepted and dealt with as soon as possible.

Please if you have had this cutting out issue select your model of Tiger in the poll.

Thanks in advance for your help👍

Tiger 1200

• GT
  • GT Pro
  • GT Explorer
  • Rally Pro
  • Rally Explorer
0 voters

Tiger 900

• GT
  • GT Pro
  • Rally Pro
  • Explorer
0 voters

Hi mate, I don’t know if you want to expand this but I believe the issue may be with the triple engine. I only say this because I know Mrs Visors '21 Street Triple 765R has cut out at least 4 times at low speed. I don’t want to muddy the waters for you but thought it worth mentioning.

1 Like

I wonder if it’s a mapping thing though that’s got some common factor with the engines but it’s not actually the engine at fault, if you see what I mean. Presumably it’s related to the fuelling under a certain condition.

My tiger sport 660 was recalled by triumph for issues with the engine cutting out.
I’m not sure what the fix was, but it hasn’t cut out since it was fixed.

We wondered if it might be to do with how the quickshifter works but the last couple of times she hadn’t been using it when it cut out. Luckily there hasn’t been another vehicle following too closely, although it was close once.

I suspect it’s manufacturers having to cut fuel so lean to pass Euro5 emissions and computer gets it wrong occasionally. Perhaps more rare but my S1000XR has cut out may be 2 or 3 times on a closed throttle rolling with clutch in, that’s in the 5k miles I’ve ridden it.

1 Like