Tiger insurance

My bike insurance is up for renewal at the end of the month. As I haven’t received the renewal yet gave them a call today.

The nice lady at BikeSure advised the renewal should be out in the next few days or she could do a quote today. Elected to go for the quote today.

I paid £247 for my Tiger 660 and Thruxton R last year. This year’s quote was cheaper at £228 with no change in circumstances. So fully comprehensive insurance with protected no claims on both bikes.

Very happy for another year’s riding and cheaper than last year; bonus :grinning:

6 Likes

That does sound like a bit of a result as it does seem that premiums have been shooting up in the past 12 months :+1:

I may take a look at Bikesure when my renewal is due in a few months as I think I paid about £450 last year for my Tiger 900 and Speed Twin 1200.

1 Like

@Wessa thats good value by current standards

2 Likes

Long may it continue mate… :grinning:

I use the bike insurer comparison site before I ring the IAM but will give these a try too next March when mine is due. The IAM did mine for £277 this year underwritten by Ageas which for a new bike costing over 15k and although it wasn’t the cheapest quote I got it wasn’t too bad and wasn’t much more than I paid for the GS 4 years ago when that was new and a similar price. Going on previous experience the premium should drop quite a bit next year anyway but as ever I’m not holding my breath.

In other news some owners of the new 1300GS are finding they’re insurers are refusing to quote on it with others having to pay out circa £1000 and have trackers fitted while others it seems to make little difference so work that out! Probably in part down to it now costing over 20k and the insurers have no accident or theft data to go on.

Keyless locking has caused problems in car insurance due to the possibility of easy hacking to enable theft (Land Rover at present rolling out firmware upgrades to combat this), refusals and sky high premiums are commonplace in high risk areas.
I read recently that bike theft had dropped because the gangs had moved to easy pickings in high end cars. Perhaps they’re moving back to high end keyless bikes, surely the vulnerability will be the same.

I would guess keyless on bikes won’t make a lot of difference as they just break the steering lock (easily done on an ADV bike with wide bars) and either shove it in the back of a stolen/cloned van or 4 arrive on 2 nicked scooters, 2 to stand guard, the other 2 defeating the security and wheeling the bike out, then the 1 scooter rider pushes the stolen bike with his right foot on the left pillion peg of the stolen bike while his pillion rides the nicked bike.