TMF Bike Meet August 2024

It’s that time of the month again. No, not that time, that time!

50/50 I can make this. Won’t think about it too much, don’t really want pre meetup tension… :crazy_face:

1 Like

It’ll be nice to see you if you make but there will be other times if not, so no stress. :slight_smile:

Nice run for me actually. Up to Owler Bar and through to the Strines road. What’s the crack like? Is there a cafe, can I get a bacon butty or anything?

I took posted some pics from our first meet. If you’ve got Facebook or Instagram (I haven’t), Coopers Yard probably post more stuff on there. It’s actually much bigger than it looks from the pics I took. There’s a web site but it only has menus for the food hall and bar. It’s being revamped but isn’t up yet.

I’ve had a bit of a gleg actually Saul. No Bacefook for me but I can get something to eat by the looks of it. Could be fun :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

I might have persuaded myself to take a run up there if I hadn’t already done a 500+ mile week, including an all day trip to get to the Strines road. :smiley:

2 Likes

Oh come on, what are you? A man or a mouse? :smiley:

2 Likes

Squeak! Squeak!

1 Like

The weather was a bit cooler than of late but bikes still showed up for today’s meet at Coopers Yard. A few returning faces with their Triumphs that haven’t ventured on to the forum (yet) and even a chap with a Harley. Brave soul.

The blue and white Bonneville at the back? That would be the current ride of @TheRevenant, notably of this parish, and jolly good it was to see him again, too.

Not quite sure what this was :point_down: but that Honda single engine and stubby exhaust had more pop than an R-Whites lorry.

If there were a prize for turning up on the most interesting Triumph, this would have won it today. I’ll let someone else have fun identifying it properly. I can say it’s a 1961 bike with something not quite standard about the engine.

Fingers crossed for good weather at the next meet in September.

Postscript: Nothing related to the meet-up per se but it took six of us to lift that 1250 Bandit out of a significant ditch about four hours later. Those things are heavy!

5 Likes

Was the rider OK Saul?

2 Likes

Anyway, I had a blinding ride back apart from all the traffic through Snake Pass. Not been over Holme Moss before, but a nice little stretch that, albeit a tad bumpy. :+1: :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

If you come up the other way there’s a serious ridge in the road where it’s subsided. I’ve hit it a couple of times and it’s a real jolt. I came up in the car yesterday and had a better look. There’s a crack in the road - it needs repairing again.

Well pleased to hear you are back out on the bike Alan. I spent yesterday fitting cameras on the tiger. Maybe the September meet for me to get over there.

2 Likes