Tool cabinets

I’m looking to add a tool cabinet for the garage. It would convenient to have something on wheels but apart from that I don’t have any particular requirements at the moment.

Has anyone got one that they’d recommend, or advice on what to consider before purchasing?

I’ve seen Machine Mart and Halfords sell them. So Snap-On but I don’t fancy spending seven grand on one. :smile:

2 Likes

I have Clarke and it’s plenty good enough. I don’t waste money on labels, I’d rather spend it on tools and I’ve got plenty of budget price kit too, my favourite 1/4" drive socket set that I use the most is from Lidle £15. It’s just a set of draws when all’s said and done.

2 Likes

I bought the Clarke bike lift and that seems sturdy enough. I noticed they have tool cabinets so I’ll check those out. I suppose the main thing is to work out how much space I need. Snap-On kit is nice but way too expensive. I was just curious. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve got a Clarke tool chest, and am quite happy with it. However, the number of tools has gradually increased since I bought it, so I’ll probably be getting another one soon.

2 Likes

The halfords ones from the cheap range are pretty flimsy.

1 Like

I was lucky to get a set of Teng cabinets with loads of tools from work when my old workmate retired. Think it was £100 to charity.
Don’t Halfords do some good quality stuff?

Yeah nothing wrong with halfords but they had a cheap range of tool cabinets which were exactly that! Their ordinary stuff is absolutely fine. Don’t know if they even still do the cheap ones.

2 Likes

Homebase might be worth a browse?

Hadn’t thought of Homebase. They’ve got one that looks ok but £900 is a bit more than I want to spend.

There is a £200 off offer but still a lot really at £700.

Save £200 on Ultimate Storage 72 Inch Tool Storage Trolley 15 Drawers with code: SAVE200. This offer is available for a limited time only.

For my modest needs that’s probably too much. Mind you, I saw this and went “Oooh…” :laughing:

https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/clarke-combgms04-14-piece-modular-storage-syst/

1 Like

Halfords industrial (black) ones are superb.
If you’re in no hurry there’s usually a 50% off offer at some point during the year.

1 Like

Comes with a 3 year warranty and £140 off :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

Have a look at SGS- engineering’s website.
They do a full range of tool chests and cabinets.
I’ve had one for five years now.
It’s a tool chest on top of a rolling cabinet but there are different options

Coincidentally I just received an email from halfords, 20% off workshop stuff including storage! Its a trade card thing though. Do you have a trade card or know somebody with one? They are pretty easy to get anyhow.

1 Like

I haven’t got a trade card. It’s possible someone I know has one, I suppose. I can ask around.

Have you tried BigDug?

Don’t know him. :grin:

Google it, they do some good heavy duty metal workbenches with storage.

I will. Thanks for the tip.

1 Like