Top Ten Motorcycle Routes in Scotland

I’m familiar with the A701 and A702. Both highly recommended. I’m sure the others are also excellent. Must take the bike to Scotland this year!

10 Likes

I’ve ridden seven of those routes at one time or another, and they are indeed brilliant. Two of them are within half an hour of home. :grinning:

4 Likes

I think I’ve been on all of them except John o Groats

1 Like

Same here - I’m certain you’ve done The Road to The Isles… :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I did a Scotland tour in 2018 in a Lotus Elise. It was glorious.

I would love to go back on the bike, but it’s a long way from Norfolk! It’s on the to-do list though and that article is really useful :+1:

3 Likes

Yes - funnily enough it’s closer to me than to you in a way (not counting ferries…).

1 Like

Ahh good times :grin:

1 Like

Glorious Scottish roads, ahh the memories. For me the expert routemaster is Dougie D on the “other” forum. He’s organised and led us on some fantastic tours of Bonnie Scotland. I think he is a member on here but I’m not quite sure, maybe @Andyc1 will know.

3 Likes

He’s not on here as far as I’m aware unfortunately. He’s not bothering with forums altogether right now…

Now I’ve moved “up north” I’m only 2 hours from the border. (A lot closer than Hampshire)

Did a bit of the west coast and Skye last July and looking forward to more.

Will be up in Northumberland for three weeks in July this year so may stray over the border :smile:

3 Likes

I’ve done most of the roads in Scotland over the 15 years or so on the bike. We are back again this year sometime in July. But in that article they have definitely missed one of the best roads, Durness to Ullapool.

4 Likes

West coast of Ireland is very worthwhile if you like Scotland! 2 best biking areas in UK

2 Likes

Durness to Ullapool.

Yep.

2 Likes

Agreed. And returning in September with 3 other couples. Just working on the other half to agree to a week there on our own in May…

2 Likes