Toss Up - Tiger 660 vs. Tracer 7 GT

Long story short, I shortlisted my next bike (a lightweight tourer) down to the Tiger 660 and the Yamaha Tracer 7 GT. I love both and the prices are comparable but the Tracer won based on looks and the dealer approach to new sales.

I may also have been swayed by already owning a XSR700 with the same CP2 engine. For me the Tracer makes up for the XSR shortfalls, like luggage capacity and comfort.

Funnily enough, the guy who sold me the new Yamaha today was a Triumph salesman for 25 years and sold me my Street Cup 6 years ago!

I should have a “new bike day” in early March ready for the 24 plate. :crossed_fingers:

9 Likes

Congrats. I’ve owned three Yamaha’s in the past - the last one (an FZ1 Fazer) I had for 11 years. They were all bullet proof :+1:

1 Like

I’ve owned two “original” Fazers, 4 cylinder 20 valves, never any problems. Great bikes.

4 Likes

Happy new bike day come March.

1 Like

New bike day is here! :sunglasses:

It was a very soggy day today but I am now the proud owner of a new 24 plate Yamaha Tracer 7 GT :smiley:

Let the comfortable touring and subtle mods commence :+1:

7 Likes

Happy New Bike Day @geoffb :partying_face:. What mods are you planning?

1 Like

Thank you @MrsVisor

Just some standard stuff like Evotech radiator guard and crash protection in the short term. I am also going to give it 500 miles and might upgrade the suspension to Ohlins. I feel like this one’s a keeper :crossed_fingers:

The screen in the pic is a non-standard Puig, a bit more sporty.

2 Likes

Happy new bike day, enjoy.

Looks good, I’m sure you’ll enjoy it. I’ve had two Yamahas in the past, and both were totally reliable.

1 Like

Happy new bike day!

1 Like

Nice one Geoff, enjoy your new bike. I’ve never had a Yamaha… or a Triumph :face_with_peeking_eye:

1 Like