Tyre wear indicators

I ride SpeedTripleR1050, wife rides StreetTriple675R, both solo, both on Metzeler SportecM9rr, both 32front/36rear. Been using those pressures for several years now, works for us. :+1:

3 Likes

My tiger sport 1050 is f33 and r42, these pressures work for me. But must admit I also find that the front tyre does wear unevenly. No idea why ?

Less wheeling you hooligan :rofl:

1 Like

Six laps of every roundabout with his knee down doesn’t help.

1 Like

Sorry people late to the thread as I have not been on for a while, the manufacturer’s recommended pressures are based on the same principle as suspension settings, an average person (how that is arrived at I know not), however say a 16 stone person and a 10 stone person ride an identical machine with say 36psi front and 42psi rear then the ride will be completely different for the lighter verse’s heavier rider as will the tyre wear and handling, so the pressures may require tweaking slightly to suit, as indeed is the riding style, the same is true if carrying a passenger or riding with luggage, also some makes of tyres can and do adversely affect the handling of a machine, not all tyres suit all machines, sometimes looking at tyre reviews in popular magazines can sway a person into purchasing a set, however the riders testing the tyres are experienced, fast and ex racers usually on high performance machines, not always I know. I run the recommended pressures on my own 765rs as they suit me and the bike, but my older son prefers them at a lower pressure when he rides it. Ride safe all from an ageing Rocker who definitely has no pipe or slippers.

4 Likes