What did you do to your Speed Triple today?

Should all be available on the NHS app. That’s what we used for travelling to the States.

Second day of our Scotland jaunt was sublime. Bright sunshine and temps between 17-20 Deg C and very quiet roads :grinning:. Left hotel in Dumbarton about 8:30 and rode to Green Welly for a delicious but small breakfast. Up through Glen Coe, which was even more awesome this way than when I rode it the other way :astonished:
Then we did the Kinlochleven loop! Unbelievable :+1::+1::grinning::grinning: Fantastic road, gorgeous scenery and almost only us on it.
From there it was up to Fort William where we got a parking ticket each☹️ then Spean Bridge and the Commando memorial, beautiful setting and humbling.
Closed for refurbishment so couldn’t get too close.
We set off to return via Dalwhinnie and Perth but a bit of the A9 was too much so took the tourist route to Stirling then back to hotel via Balloch.
About 280 it miles, 10 hours or so riding. What a fabulous day :grinning:

7 Likes

Couple more pictures

First big run on the RS, and I have to say I am mightily impressed. Very comfortable, seat not as bad as I feared, easy to ride all day and 66 mpg not to be sniffed at!

6 Likes

Bad luck on the parking ticket, how did that happen? Other than that it looks like you have had a fantastic trip.

We certainly did, yesterday was very wet but we still did 170 miles.
We spoke to two Irish Ladd at the Green Welly then when we got to FW they were parked close to a statue of someone so we parked next to them, had s chat and they set off again. Ten mins later a guy was putting the tickets on our bikes. I tried to plead ignorance but he had already printed them. He said if I was a bit quicker, story of my life​:blush:, he could have got us to move them to a motorcycle parking bay about 15 yards away :frowning:

Lovely looking bike, lovely looking scenery. Good combination really :slight_smile:

Good to know that a 280 mile day on a Speed Triple is eminently doable.

Yeah doable. I was knackered though :grinning:

Jobs worth the lot of them. Could understand it if you were causing an obstruction, but what the fcuk.

1 Like

We viewed it as a toll for enjoying the fantastic roads!

2 Likes