What You Been Doing With Your Triumph Today

That was my first thought but when I turn the engine over it pours out.

1 Like

I remember my ZZR doing that when a float stuck. It came out of the air intakes in the nosecone, looked like it was crying :laughing:

4 Likes

That was me the past few days :wink: (Actually, I think I was the other side of the sea)

1 Like

4 Likes

Today I donned my bee kepers outfit and buzzed home. 7 hours riding and the mesh jaket let the hot air in fairly well :confused:

4 Likes

The doodlers I mean are those ones in cars that are oblivious to whats going on around them and slow to a crawl without warning to peek through a gap in a hedge :rofl:

A Danish king that pulled out on me in Aberaeron today, I could tell he was a total Cnut.

1 Like

I do that when riding my bike :slight_smile: except I am aware of what’s going on around me and don’t do it when there’s someone behind.

Not today (Sunday) but yesterday … did the 26 mile commute to my (only) gainful employment on the black Speedie. I’ve been favouring the comfort and ‘accessibility’ of the TBS lately but the black Speed did that “crying whistle” (the fuel tank venting) the other day that said ‘I want to go and ride’!

I did think about taking the Fireball Orange but, sadly, she has brewer’s droop in one of the indicator stalks - typical T300. It would be REALLY nice if someone made some genuinely good quality and accurate repro’s of these indicators so if anyone has a recommendation … other than Sprint Mfg. which may well be the default … then let me know.

9 Likes

I think I may have an original knocking about in my shed somewhere, give me a day or two and I’ll try and unearth it. It will be off my first Sprint 900, are they all the same stalk length?

1 Like

Try Busters. Bought some for my T509 from them.

Been out for a couple of hours this morning before it got to hot. Can of coke at Broxton and then stopped by the canal in the shade for a rest.

Moved on to J & S for a pit stop and seen a lovely looking RE Continental GT and surprisingly a couple of brand new Thruxton RS special editions. Not seen one this year let alone two. :slightly_smiling_face:

11 Likes

PM me if it’s any use @AdieP
Drain slot says it’s LH rear/RH front, stem is about 80mm.
I also have (had?) a genuine Triumph rack off the '95 Sprint, if I ever stumble across it again (I did have a brutal clear out a few years back) I’ll post on here.

2 Likes

Found it!
Rack

1 Like

@HelmutVisor (on his Tuono) and I set out early today before the heat got too brutal: Home - Bronllys - Abergavenny - Dom’s bike stop in Leominster - home (about 100 miles).

What a beautiful day for those roads and that scenery, it was really lovely. The roads got pretty busy towards the end of the ride, but it started off lovely and quiet. The dawdlers were out en masse I think.
There were far fewer bikes on the roads than usual today - I think a lot of people have made the decision to completely avoid riding in these temperatures. Dom’s is usual packed mid - morning on a Sunday but even there there were only had a handful of bikes in the car park.

Triumph was well - represented though :+1:.

9 Likes

I’m giving it a miss today, 3 days of riding for hrs in this heat has given me a seriously sore arse, taking the dogs up Usk reservoir later, hopefully there’s some water left.

4 Likes

RH front is EXACTLY what I need and that looks fine. It may be my lucky day?

If I can work out how to send a pm I will do so immediatement!

1 Like

Run to Knott End cafe to see my mate back off to London on his MV. Lovely ride down at about 22 Deg but ride home was, uncomfortable shall we say!
Not many bikes at the cafe. As @MrsVisor said maybe folk have decided it’s too hot :hot_face:

Terrific breakfast too for ten quid​:+1::grinning:

7 Likes

Now that is a BIG breakfast!!!