Who should ride for the Aprilia satellite team in 2023?

I’d quite like to see Joan Mir or Alex Rins have a crack on the Aprilia but maybe they have higher, factory, expectations. Who else is looking for a ride?

Rins is already signed up to Honda with LCR and it looks like Mir will be on the factory one . Pity Dovi retired, I’m sure he would have gone well on the V4. Why not Raul Fernandez and Darryn Binder, a young team for the future.

1 Like

I’m going British. Put Jake Dixon up to either Aprilia or KTM satellite team and drop John McPhee into his Moto2 slot :wink:

2 Likes

Didnt Jake turn down an Aprilia ride before last season? Shame coz he is maturing into a decent rider.

I think you’re right, so not likely to offer twice :laughing:
They weren’t too kind to fellow Brits Sam and Scot either!
It’s the bike to be on at the moment though IMO.
Two experienced riders in the factory team so young guns in the satellite I think.
Augusto Fernandez is my pick for most promising rookie, but I imagine KTM will hang on to him.

Correction: I forgot popular rumour is that Pol Espagaro has one of the Aprilia seats, so only room for one more, probably Raul??

I thought Pol was going back to KTM.

You’re right, my mistake, had a senior moment. :laughing:

Hasn’t Mcphee gone to Moto 2? Already i mean

He’s on a Sterilgarda Husqvarna in Moto3 this year, I’m not sure if he’s going elsewhere in 2023.

1 Like

McPhee can’t continue in Moto3 next year as he’s reached the age limit for that class, he’s wanted to move up to Moto2 for a few years now but Jake Dixon nicked his ride there. He still wants a Moto2 ride but reading between the lines (from MLav his manager) I think World Supersport is more likely, I think Moto2 seats will all be taken.

I’d forotten about the age limit. I expect he’ll go well in World Supersport if that’s where he ends up.

Yes, quality rider that has often fell foul of the usual Moto3 mayhem. Seem to remember reading somewhere that he has trained on a R1 so should manage the bigger bikes ok. Perhaps Ducati will sign him in years to come when they need to replace the diminutive Bautista. :slightly_smiling_face: