X-lite X-803

Just had a my new X-Lite delivered. Brought it at the show but Helmet City didn’t have my size in stock.No problem as not riding at this time of the year , so they couriered it to me and it arrived yesterday.
It’s beautiful…
After years of using Arai and still not feeling comfortable with the visor change system , I thought I would try something different. I will keep the Arai whilst the new one gets bedded in…
The X-lite visor change system is simple. Just push in the visor retaining button and a little push and the visor lifts out. Done in seconds.
Let’s see how it fares once I get back out on the road.
Helmet City have them on line for £448. I paid £380 at the show. The show price included the tinted visor.

12 Likes

Thats a nice lid!

1 Like

Very nice!

It will be interesting what you think the overall quality is like compared to your Arai.

That’s very nice!

Nice, I like the decal :slightly_smiling_face:

My mate has the same lid and I’ve seen them in the flesh. Impressive!

Quick update Neal.
I’ve used the helmet for over a year, not a huge amount of miles due to the rubbish riding year we had in 2023 but here’s my thoughts:
Bedded in really quickly. It’s all day comfortable and that only took about 4-5 hours. It settled in nicely. One benefit of the X-Lite is that there’s an adjuster in the back of the helmet that allows the inner padding some further adjustments as it settles in or to fine tune the fit. I’ve never seen that on any other make that I’ve owned.
The visor change system is excellent.
The venting takes some adjustment to suit your preferences. Initially I thought I had a big draught across my eyes and some dust got in but with a bit of fine tuning I have sorted this out.
Not ridden far with it in the rain but on cool mornings there seems to be a bit of steaming up. However, adjusting the vents seems to sort this easily.
All in all I’m pretty satisfied with it.

5 Likes