Anyone seen two sovs a litre yet?

We’re waiting to see if our 150+ year old roof is up to a few solar panels but i like the aga.

I might look in to solar panels when the roof is replaced but I don’t think they’rd be enough on their own. I mean, it gets dark around here… :grin:

We have no street lighting, this is a dark skies area. Only need leccy for the lights and tv etc, oil does the hot water, central heating and cooking.

1 Like

Just filled up, a spit over 100 Euro. However, on the receipt is a bonificación (bonus) of around 10 Euro. Just been reading it up, and it seems in Spain at the moment, it’s possible to reclaim that sum from the government, thereby reducing your fuel bill broadly by about 10%. Not really any use to me l guess, but handy if you’re local and can plug in to the required website or whatever. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Better than anything you can expect in the UK…

And they’ve reduced the VAT on my leccy bill to 5% :+1:

1 Like

Just looked up the price of Brent crude. On 4th April this year it was 4 cents a barrel cheaper than it was three days ago. So it’s gone up 4 cents and the price of petrol must have gone up at least 25p a litre in that time I reckon.

It’s difficult not to feel a bit robbed right enough… .:unamused:

2 Likes

Article about it here.

Basically I think the whole fuel sector saw their profits badly hit during the pandemic when everyone stopped buying fuel and now life is returning to normal they’re taking the opportunity to cash in.

3 Likes

For comparison, another similar article.

Dearest I’ve seen yet… was in the 70’s about 5 mile up the road :thinking:

Within 13 miles of each other, I saw a £1.88 and my first non-motorway £2.00 down here in Norfolk

Best bit was that petrol station had a big sign saying something like, always lowest prices :rofl:

Local petrol station went down to 186.9/litre last week for E10, cheaper than local supermarkets.

1 Like

Cheapest garage at the moment used to be the most expensive, little independent “Oil for Wales” garage. £1.70.9 for E10 and £1.85 for diesel.

1 Like