Category Image Loading Performance

Blind you with science… or dazzle you with bullshit :laughing:

1 Like

I haven’t understood a word of this technical discussion. I did actually think that some of the terms were being made up for a laugh, but now I’m wondering whether they might be real. :thinking: I know some of you are IT professionals, so maybe just showing off and baffling the rest of us with bullshit as Andy says. :grimacing:

1 Like

Now you know how I feel about some of the mechanical discussions. :grin:

I’m often baffled by both.

All the category images have now been replaced and/or resized to roughly 550px x 350px. Resolutions vary a bit but they’re all under 100kb in size Let me know if you’re still having problems, @BrownMouse.

Looking good. :smiley:

2 Likes

The current state of thumbnails on the front page was slighty amusing :smile:

We used to say it was a wetware issue…

Is that a direct screenshot? Mine looks like this. Different order (it’s random when the page loads)…

Ok I’m going to have to play thick… whats it mean :thinking:

Yeah but its in a different order now

If you’re using a computer you get a set of up to five thumbnails that are links to featured posts from the last month. It’s switched off for mobile users. Every time you load the page it creates a new random selection. There aren’t that many featured posts at the moment so you tend to see the same images a lot, just in a different order. Featured posts need a pic in them or you just get a grey box, which isn’t very appealing.

Is that what you were asking?

Wetware is a term drawn from the computer-related idea of hardware or software, but applied to biological life forms…, or users when you’re in IT Support. :grin:

No questions. Just thought it was amusing as it looked like a guy with a dog on his back sitting on a tiny MV :smile:

Ah, I have no answer for that one. :laughing:

And don’t you call me a stute you SSJ you. :grinning:

Oh come now, you’ve been called worse. :grin: