Comfortable Sports Tourer Recommendations?

Top job Geoff, albeit the wrong colour :grinning:. I’m sure you’ll be happy with it. :slightly_smiling_face:

And BTW, l was talking to a chap once at Santander docks whose 1050 Sprint had 115k on it, so don’t be scared to use it :wink:

4 Likes

And of course, let us know how you find the bike, and where you take it! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Well done mate, its refreshing to follow a “what should i buy” thread with an actual conclusion :joy:

4 Likes

Result :heart_eyes::+1:t2:

3 Likes

Great choice mate. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Exciting stuff!
So have you test ridden it yet?
And more importantly has the mrs given her seal of approval? :grinning:

2 Likes

lol, yes and yes :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Good choice Geoff :+1:
Enjoy!

2 Likes

Nice one Geoff,

A good choice for that sort of bike, you get an awful lot for your money.

2 Likes

A good choice. The ST/GT 1050 are very good value for the money nowadays.

2 Likes

Well, I picked up the Sprint GT 1050 SE today and loved every minute of riding it home. :sunglasses:

I have a North Wales trip planned in a couple of weeks and am looking forward to having a proper tourer with luggage for the journey.

I plan to make some minor mods such as fit a USB socket, Optimate lead, find somewhere for the Quadlock to go (because there is no handlebar real estate on these bikes) and fit a GoPro mount. Also, I have long legs so could do with a slightly higher seat but it’s definitely more comfortable in the saddle than my other bikes for 2+ hours. :+1:

12 Likes

Lovely colour too!

2 Likes

Congratulation on your bike :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Happy new bike Geoff😀
Looks very tidy and a gorgeous colour :+1:

1 Like

Excellent bike, sad Triumph stopped making them. Lot of bike for the money :grinning:

1 Like

Nice one fella

1 Like

Very nice, Geoff, and the colour really suits it.

1 Like

@geoffb must admit that’s a striking looking bike and the colour makes it come alive! Enjoy your new love !!

1 Like

Don’t know if this helps, but a while ago I used a RAM mount ball that could replace a bolt in the handlebar clamp (or other bolt you have handy). The same concept could be used to improvise another method.

2 Likes

@BrownMouse You know, that might just do the trick :+1: Thank you for saving me some research time, much appreciated my friend. :sunglasses: