First world gripes…

Agreed. Their, there and they’re isn’t difficult to work out.
Rite, wheres mine bike keys? :wink: :grinning:

5 Likes

“Im good” …why? Should be “Im well”
Also “can you borrow me some”?
For Christs sake its Lend…not borrow me.

3 Likes

Apostrophe’s (lol) in wrong place, its instead of it’s etc. Also, when my brother in law posts on facebook he always uses a comma instead of an apostrophe. Grrrrrr

4 Likes

I’ll add apostrophes used for every plural - biscuit / biscuit’s etc.

Oh…and People who Randomly Capitalise word’s in sentence’s For no Apparent Reason.

5 Likes

People who use the word brought when they mean bought.

5 Likes

Checking in a handkerchief to see if you’ve blown your brains into it…
:face_vomiting:

4 Likes

Those people probably have…

4 Likes

Bristol has some quirky ones like the Bristol L. Bristolians try to put the letter L at the end of most things. My wife name is Lisa so becomes Lisal. Very strange.

2 Likes

apostrophe

3 Likes

FIFY :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

that’s the word i was lookin’ 4!!!

2 Likes

I was going to post the capitalisation one! :grin: That really irritates me.

I was in a work meeting once and as an ‘ice-breaker’ they asked for something that annoys people, probably thinking it would be unrelated to the office. I said about people not understanding proper nouns and there was an awkward shuffling of feet as so-called professional people realised they couldn’t write English very well.

2 Likes

People who are sat in the pub and they can’t keep still. They have a foot raised up on it’s toes and the leg is going up and down at about 120 cycles per minute.

3 Likes

Perhaps you’re making them nervous, Andy. :wink:

2 Likes

people - even the BBC for goodness sake - saying “are” when they should be saying “our”…

It is a different word, or, they are pronouncing the right word wrongly. It irritates the b-Jesus out of me!

Oh, I also can’t stand people who “get offended”. If you “are offended”; nothing actually happens to you. You’d don’t wake up the next day with leprosy or anything… It is ok to be offended. And, while I’m at it… it is not my responsibility to “not offend you”. Being offended is a choice, a choice on your part.

2 Likes

I basically agree, though it doesn’t give anyone an automatic right to be offensive in all situations. On the other hand, people shouldn’t be censored for holding a different opinion on a sensitive topic. The trick is to stay the right side of a punch on the nose. :smiley:

2 Likes

Well, yes…I am not looking to offend anyone on purpose… What I think get’s my goat, is people looking, eagerly, to call you out for something you didn’t realise…and say you are being offensive.

3 Likes

Yeah, that’s definitely annoying. They’re all idiots.,… :wink:

1 Like

Incessant use of the phrase “no problem” usually by a waiter or waitress when fetching something they should have brought in the first place.

1 Like

Similarly, being referred to as ‘guys’ when there are clearly ladies present. I know it’s in common use these days and arguably ‘guys’ is becoming genderless but it’s still slightly irking.

2 Likes